Brian Head vs Deer Valley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Brian Head vs Deer Valley

Hey so I am planning on hitting up deer valley next week and may also have the opportunity to head down to brian head, so my question is, how does brian head with all their new features stack up to deer valley?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I went a few weeks ago when they finished building the car jump. I still prefer Deer Valley over Brian Head, my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    IMO there's not much comparison. For true DH and stunts Brian Head is a lot better and for back country adventure Brian Head is amazing. What I like to do when I'm there is 2 or 3 shuttle runs in a day and squeeze in some lift runs when I can. If you like long all mountain (mostly downhill) runs then do these three shuttles: Dark Hollow, Blow Hard, and Bunker Creek. I've done them all on anything from a 4" bike to a full DH bike, but they are best on a 6" bike.

Do me a favor and say Hi to Tracy (works the front desk) and Ken (runs the shop and lifts) from the crew at Go-ride.com.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    I think Scott nailed it. Plus the attitude at Brian Head is 100% more friendly towards bikers as well. Only real drawback to Brian Head is that 99.9% of the best trails are really a shuttle, so you either have to have two vehicles or pay one of the shuttle services up there. But considering that most of the trails, like Bunker Creek are fairly long, it's worth the hassle and little bit of expense.
    If you go down there, I'd take a spare tire just incase.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I hit up Deer Valley for the first time and it was some good stuff but not very much flow mostly just tech and rock/loose dirt surfing but still pretty sweet, but thanks for the info. If I go down to brian head I would be getting a lift pass but sounds like a perfect place for my bike, Transition Dirtbag with 160 Domain.

mtbr member
    The lift trails are good, especially the Timberline DH and the new stunts trail, but the backcountry shuttles are epic. Spend a day on the lift, but absolutely do at least Dark Hollow and Blow Hard in the back country. They run shuttles for these right at Brian Head.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

Members who have read this thread: 0