Brian head Shuttle in october- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Brian head Shuttle in october

We are planning a roadtrip in Oct and the first stop(8th and 9th) was going to be Brian head to check out the trails off the peak and aurrounding area. The Mountains shuttle service is stopping the week before, so that leaves the question of how do we get to the top. Is the road up a crusher? Is there another shuttle service to use?
    What are the must ride trails for the area. I've been checking out http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/ and this very helpful, but was looking for some local imput as well.

Archie

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    A group of us from the UK were there about the same dates last year. As we thought the shuttles were closed we hired a small car for a couple of days to enable shuttling. We called in at Georg's ski shop and found they were running shuttles into October, subject to the weather being OK. We are back there shortly probably the 2nd Oct) just for a day but when I phoned about shuttles it was going to cost $44 each for two runs so we are doing the car hire thing again. You can find the shop number easily with Google.

In terms of what is good I can highly recommend Blowhard, Dark Hollow and Bunker Creek. With a second car we could do two runs each day. The top part of Dark Hollow is superb and we did that twice. We did two different routes from lower down - the first run on the main trail and the second on Hendriksons Lake and Boy Scout if I recall correctly - that was particularly fun. There are other trails out there but I believe we got the best downhill ones. There was another way down from the top of Dark Hollow but that was heavily clogged with windfall so we turned back and gave it a miss.

If you are fit and not on heavy bikes you can climb up the roads but that will kick butt at altitude and probably leave you done after one trail. I personally would avoid that option. We are plannng to do Blowhard abd Dark Hollow/Hendrikson on the day we are there. I trust you are doing Thunder Mt and some of the nearby stuff as well! Have fun
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

mtbr member

1st wk ok

We did bunker creek 1st week of Oct ant it was great; perfect weather.

mtbr member
    rent a truck or van for the day and do your shuttles...its not far from the ski resort to the top of the head where u start dark hollow.....IT IS A FANTASTIC RIDE...dont miss it

Members who have read this thread: 0