Brian Head this saturday, anyone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Brian Head this saturday, anyone?

Hey st. george area riders! I found another guy here at dixie that wants to go to brian head this saturday. We are going to leave in the morning around 8am and go for however long...

If you live near st. george, I would like to carpool if possible to cut down on gas...Anybody want to go? The all day pass is 20 bucks....

Team Sanchez
    We might be going up on Saturday, I'll let you know. If we do end up going, we'll be rolling at 6:00am, and riding Dark Hollow, and Blow hard. I'll be in touch.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    ok, are you shuttling those trails yourself?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    here's my post from utahmountainbiking.com...my wrist is sore, trying to reduce the amount of typing....

you guys missed out!! I went up there yesterday with a buddy of mine... there was a photographer from the sl trib that was up there. He didn't know any of the trails... so we had him tag along with us while he took our pictures of us doing various stuff....! It was so cool! He said he'll at least email the pics to us. But I might be in the paper soon also...

but alas I wrecked hardcore though... my buddy and i went off this huge rock jump gap dealie and he totally wrecked. I was right behind him and my front wheel basically landed on his bike which threw me over the bars.

i was wearing some regular sun glasses and the lens broke lascerated my left eyebrow. that was 8 stitches. my buddy also said i was unconsious for about 10-20 seconds. plus a minor sprain in my left wrist, scratches on my left shoulder and left hip.

that happened on the very last run too, right before the lifts closed...

it's all good... i feel much better today than yesterday... the stitches come out in a week! the worst part is this huge black eye... I can barely open my left eye. it sucks. everyone stares at me on campus... ugh

I'll post some action shots once that guy sends me those pics.

some pics:

me:

easy log ride:

small drop: for some reason the photog didn't get a picture of me doing it...what's up with that?

my buddy's no footer:

random guy decked out with 661 body armor. he had a specialized demo/fox 40...$$$!!

me, copying that other dude:

you can go here: https://www.chrisdetrick.com/brianhead/ to see the rest of the pictures

Members who have read this thread: 0