Brian Head Resort- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Brian Head Resort

I am trying to plan a bike trip for this summer and was looking at Brian Head Resort for some DH. Are the lifts open/shuttles available seven days a week?

How does it compare to Mammoth/Northstar/Angel Fire/Trestle/Sol Vista/etc? I will be driving up from Tucson and want to try a new area but also want enough terrain to keep me happy for a week or two. I will be bringing my 8" DH 6" AM bike.

I have been trying to find some info but it looks like the summer site is down.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Not positive - but I think the lifts run Fri/Sat/Sun only. The shuttles might run 7 days a week, if there are enough people(?) I'm not sure there's enough to keep you entertained for an entire week up there, much less two... Plenty of fun non-DH trails around the area though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Agree with ^^^

Three days can be totally filled with supremely pleasurable riding. Beyond that, it would still be fun, but you'd be riding the same stuff a lot.

From pictures I've seen, it does not compare to the resorts you refer to. It is the best resort in Utah (by far). But, compared to Whistler (only other reference I have) it's vastly different. Not so much that the trails suck - they're actually quite good and the race course and it's variations are pretty serious affairs. But there's just a few trails served by the lift and a few by the shuttle.

I recommend you spend a week at most and hit up the shuttle trails on both bikes (that should kill two days), the resort for two days, Thunder Mountain one afternoon because it's there and Grafton for a few days if you have a shuttle.

I'd rather be biking...
    Agreed with the previous two posts. They run friday saturday an sunday and towards the end of the season they just run Saturday and sunday. A week is going to get old. One to two days on the lift with the dh bike. Then do the shuttle trails they are sweet but dark hollow is the only one I would bring the dh bike on. You can ride the 6 on it and be fine though. After Dark hollow you gotta get the am bike out and shuttle blow hard, it's a riot then shuttle Bunker creek. Those three trails don't disapoint and are a blast. Lots of vert lost and fast. If you want more riding there are some good xc riding with earnem climbs and flowy descents on the virginriver rim trail. Killer views but high up.
    Check out utahmountainbiking. Com for trail info. Enjoy id say 4 days would be good then maybe do Grafton mesa down in virgin

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for all the input. Maybe I will try to fit in 2 shorter trips this summer. I have heard good things about the area and definitely need to check it out.

I'd rather be biking...
    Lots of good times to be had up there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brian Head Resort-lowres.jpg  

Brian Head Resort-lowres2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0