Booneville Shoreline Trail Extension- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Booneville Shoreline Trail Extension

Any updates on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail extension? I was reading an article that it will go up to Idaho eventually.

Frame Building Moderator
    It is a constant work in progress. You can get lots of info from the official website: Bonneville Shoreline Trail

It really depends on volunteer energy and labor to keep expanding the trail (as well as maintaining it) so if you enjoy riding on the BST, think about giving some time!

-Walt

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    It's great to see a continual development of this trail system. I'm going to try to lend a hand when I can.

Speaking of, Walt, were you up on BST by the zoo with your wife, kid and dog last Sat, around 3PM or so? I don't know what you look like, but thought the kid in the pack looked like your son from your blog. It was a great day for riding. Now it's time to dust off the skis.

mtbr member
    You know what would be cool? A Booneville Shoreline Trail Race from Nephi to Idaho once complete.

Frame Building Moderator
    Yeah, that might have been me. We do a lot of hikes up there (we live right by the U) and if it was a kind of orange medium-sized dog and a kid in a pack - probably us! We saw a lot of smiling faces out there, amazing how well people get along on even the crowded parts of Shoreline.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yep, that must have been you. I was about to ask if you were Walt, but was also trying not to run over your dog, who your wife was yelling at to get off the trail. Lots of dogs out that day, and all friendly dog owners. Good way to end the season for me.

Frame Building Moderator
    Season's not over, brother! I rode Dry Creek/Bobsled today! I actually sort of like that ride better in the snow. Maybe because I do it too much.

Sarah always yells at the dog because when we lived in Boulder people would get really mad if you interrupted their zone 3 workout and such. I keep trying to tell her that people in SLC are more laid back.

-Walt