Bobsled - Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Beautiful

Wow,...beautiful. Looks more fun than Moab,.....
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

Homer's problem child
    Specy Demo + Fender - Car Gap - top 3 feet of big drop = BOOOOOOO!!!

Over-biked under-hucked

Light-years better than the ride I got today = no ride

I take it for granted that I ride that trail 20+ times every season. Good trail and it seems to get better everytime I ride it. Always seems to be something new built in there.

Cheers,
    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    Specy Demo + Fender - Car Gap - top 3 feet of big drop = BOOOOOOO!!!

Over-biked under-hucked

Light-years better than the ride I got today = no ride

I take it for granted that I ride that trail 20+ times every season. Good trail and it seems to get better everytime I ride it. Always seems to be something new built in there.

Cheers,
    B
    Funny. I said that same thing about the fender in that picture in a different forum.

biking is fun

Cheers,
    B
    I know what you mean, i try to only ride it in the early spring and late fall when the trails up in the canyons are unrideable. that helps the burnout factor.

ive finally hit everything except the step up to ladder, i need to man up

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ive finally hit everything except the step up to ladder, i need to man up[/QUOTE]

PM me when you want to go work on the step-up. I've been shying away from it for a while. Something about all the dings on the first plank on the landing make me think a lot of people are coming up short. Hate coming up short on wood. Suppose I could bring a big bike and not worry so much. . . Be nice to see somebody actually do it.

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    PM me when you want to go work on the step-up. I've been shying away from it for a while. Something about all the dings on the first plank on the landing make me think a lot of people are coming up short. Hate coming up short on wood. Suppose I could bring a big bike and not worry so much. . . Be nice to see somebody actually do it.
    hey man, haven't heard from you in a while, we need to do some riding. urban weather is here. i just got my new ride all done.
    the step up session will have to wait til next week. i just sold my fully and my intense SS will be here at the end of the week so maybe by sat.

anyway, ill pm you soon and well go hit some stuff up

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    ive finally hit everything except the step up to ladder, i need to man up

I was in the same boat until this weekend and then I just hit it without seeing anyone hit it and it wasn't bad at all. If you want to meet up send me a PM and me and one of my friends (Mr. Welcorn) would be happy to do a lap or 2 with you guys after 5 or 6 pm this week.

The step up is simple really, just looks sketch. But the hit after it needs to be taken with caution, Mr. Welcorn wasn't scrubbing any speed after the step up and and almost jumped to the cemetary off that hit a few times. The landing on that is not steep enough for the amount of pop you get from it. The builders have posted that the hit after the step up is not quite done on UMB and I agree, it's hitable, but you need to to watch how fast you hit it.

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Chumley for prez!
    The step up is simple really, just looks sketch. But the hit after it needs to be taken with caution, Mr. Welcorn wasn't scrubbing any speed after the step up and and almost jumped to the cemetary off that hit a few times. The landing on that is not steep enough for the amount of pop you get from it. The builders have posted that the hit after the step up is not quite done on UMB and I agree, it's hitable, but you need to to watch how fast you hit it.
    B
    I don't know what bortis is talking about? .....it was the red bull. red bull gives you wings
    I think someone more proficient at jumping might have better luck than me. That lip just gave me a little more pop than I was expecting and the landing wasn't steep enough to handle the elevation I got at take off.....and thus, clank. I'm no good at building jumps and I don't want to screw with anyones project, so I'll just wait and see what happens.
    AFA the step up, I came up short the first time i hit it.....I'm on a 6" bike and it actually wasn't too bad......I didn't get bucked too bad and rode out. I cleaned it fine the second time around no prob.

mtnjam
    After seeing that video I can't wait to ride that....I'm gonna be down there in a few weeks to ride it on our way from to ID from Moab/Fruita

Members who have read this thread: 0