Bob's Dh trails open?- Mtbr.com
    Ride and Smile

Bob's Dh trails open?

Anyone looked at them up close? From the freeway it looks like they might be ready.

mtbr member
    Who is Bob and where are his trails?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Who is Bob and where are his trails?
    I'm with this guy....

If Bob has DH trails, I need to know him.

Are you talking about the bountiful B trails? They are def not ready.........

mtbr member

I may be wrong, but I think he means....

Bob's Basin (the Snyderville Basin Recreation District area) in Glenwild, otherwise "The Dropout", "Ant Farm", "Cutthroat Downhill", etc....

I read somewhere the frontside (south facing) areas of Glenwild are looking better and better but the backside is still a bit snowy....

If there is some other "Bob" then put me on the list of wanting to know where his DH trails are too.

Jun 2004
    Still some snow cover as of sunday afternoon and lots of standing water/mud... my guess is two more weeks

Ride and Smile

Bob makes trails

Quote Originally Posted by TheProf
    Bob's Basin (the Snyderville Basin Recreation District area) in Glenwild, otherwise "The Dropout", "Ant Farm", "Cutthroat Downhill", etc....

I read somewhere the frontside (south facing) areas of Glenwild are looking better and better but the backside is still a bit snowy....

If there is some other "Bob" then put me on the list of wanting to know where his DH trails are too.
    He made Dropout, Ant Farm, etc and the skills park and others. But from 80, you can't see any snow cause these trails are pretty low. I'm gonna go run them this afternoon so I can see for myself what is going on out there.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Prof definitely knows who Bob is, as Prof has been up there and helped build Dropout, Ant Farm, skills park, etc.

Prof was joking about the other "Bob", but is definitely familiar with Bob Radke of Bob's Basin fame.

Please keep us posted on the condition of the trails up there if you check them out.

Ride and Smile

Closed but looking good

Ran glenwild loop and went down cut throat and up drop out. drop out looks good to go. It was wet from recent weather but not really soft. Cut throat had a little flow on it and I'm not sure how long it will take to dry up. Signs are up saying trails are still close. Good news is there is now riding to be done in PC!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    Ran glenwild loop and went down cut throat and up drop out. drop out looks good to go. It was wet from recent weather but not really soft. Cut throat had a little flow on it and I'm not sure how long it will take to dry up. Signs are up saying trails are still close. Good news is there is now riding to be done in PC!
    I assume they are good to go now..2 weeks later??

Ride and Smile
    officially opened last weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    officially opened last weekend.
    Dropout and ant farm were fun today

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm looking forward to riding out there on sat. What's the best place to park and route to ride (distance and elevation would be great as well.) Thanks in advance!

Ride and Smile
    Best is subjective. Shortest way in is from right underneath the trails. Best may be the glenwild trail head or east creek. East creek is a little longer with more climbing to get there (I heard 600 ft and that sounds right). Glenwild is still short, a couple miles, also with a little climbing but it feels like less.

You might want to start at glenwild and ride one of the loops and stops at bob's?

Members who have read this thread: 0