Bike Rental Shops in Moab- Mtbr.com
    MTBR Demi-God
    Apr 2006

Bike Rental Shops in Moab

Hello!
    I was planning a trip to Moab in May, and had received several suggestions in the Passion forum.

This is how I am flying into Moab:
    BUF>SLC>CNY

I plan to lodge at the Days inn. (Havent finalized it yet) Good choice, or is it too far from the trails?

Now, I am looking for a good bike rental place. The Chile Bikes and Poision Spider seem to be good stores for quality rental bikes at a good price. What stores would you suggest? I am also looking for a store which could provide bike tours to several trails.

Please note that this is the first time I would be traveling there, so please do give me more suggestions to make my trip cost efficient and more enjoyable!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Suggestions

If I were traveling alone, I'd stay at the Lazy Lizard Hostel. Less money, and you'd be more likely to hook up with a fellow rider for some company on the trails.

http://www.lazylizardhostel.com/

All the hotels are about the same distance from the trails. All of the bike shops have shuttles to the trails. All of the shops have good bikes, just pick the brand you want to ride.

MTBR Demi-God
    Apr 2006
    Sweet, I am travelling with two other people, and I will get more info on the lazy lizard. I am planning to rent SantaCruz bikes, but I only know of one store that rents them out- Chile Bikes. Would anyone be knowing other stores which rent out SantaCruz bikes?

Also, would it be a good idea to rent the bikes beforehand (a month in advance)?

alien exchange student

Book a bike ASAP

Howdy, May is really busy in town. I'd book the bike as soon as you can. I'm not sure about Santa Cruz at any other shops. The websites are as follows:

Chile Pepper - chilebikes.com
    Moab Cyclery - moabcyclery.com
    Poison Spider - poisonspiderbicycles.com
    Rim Cyclery - rimcyclery.com
    Slickrock Cycles - slickrockcycles.com

Most will list the bikes they rent. You could also call them.

Have fun.

Mel

Jun 2006
    Definitely reserve your bike(s) in advance. As far as a place to stay, really all the hotels are about the same. You'll end up shuttling or driving to most of the rides anyway. Only locals ride from town.

Members who have read this thread: 0