Bike recs for riding St George area?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bike recs for riding St George area?

I'm looking for a new bike, and since I have very little experience riding, was hoping for any helpful information/suggestions.

What type of bike would you recommend for riding the top 10-20 trails around St George? I'm looking for an all-round bike that can handle the trails in a loop/out&back. Something you can pedal uphill, ride downhill, and handle the technical stuff inbetween? Speed is not that important. Hardtail or full suspension? Any specific bikes you'd recommend (the cheaper the better). thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Specialized

Stumpjumper or enduro. I have owned both bikes and ride with alot of people in st. george that own them, and we all love them. Stop by Red Rock Bicycles and have a look. They stock both bikes and do a great job helping people decide. Whatever you decide count you blessings that you live near some of the best mountain biking anywhere.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

I railed it like Kong
    For our area i'd be looking at any quality 4-6" travel bike. I'd recommend checking out Desert Cyclery on 1091 N Bluff St. They carry Kona, Jamis, Yeti, Santa Cruz...

You can pick up Santa Cruz Hecklers pretty cheap right now.

Also the guys there have a ride every Saturday that starts from 8-9 depending on who and where is going. So you've got some guys that want to help you get out there and learn the trails too. I started the group rides as a regular Saturday thing with them just to learn new trails and now Dustyduke leads it up for the most part. Kong, Andy or Dusty are the guys to talk to when your there.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Agreed about Desert Cyclery. Those guys are great. Very helpful and knowledgable. Great prices too.

-Dr.-
    Last edited by drboudreaux; 03-02-2007 at 09:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the recs. I stopped by Desert Cyclery & the guys there were great. They also had some really nice deals...but I ended up pulling the trigger on a Stumpjumper today. Should be a nice day tomorrow for a test ride!

Anyhow, if you guys see a fool with no skillz riding around on a Stumpjumper, that would be me.

Members who have read this thread: 0