Which bike for Moab??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Which bike for Moab??

Hi:

Need some advice on which bike would be better for Moab.....my SL Ibis Mojo OR my Specialized Epic carbon? The Ibis is a predictable, comfortable bike but the epic is great for climbing but quite active on downhills. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks sooo much!

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    I ride a Mojo there all the time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    You are one lucky person to have the choice between those two bikes.... either of those bikes really would be great for Moabs terrain, I personally like high speed descents and trails such as porcupine rim and would lean towards the epic, but if the mojo is more comfortable go with that, it should definitely be enough bike for the trails.

mtbr member
    Both those rides together probably weigh about the same as the last bike I took to Moab. Seriously though,depends on what trails I was going to ride, but there isn't a lot of seperation between those two bikes. Maybe the Mojo would cover more types of terrain.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks everyone for the comments......at the time of posting, I thought I would only have room for ONE bike, but as it now turns out, I will be able to bring both It will be fun to ride the trails and compare them with both bikes.

Can't wait to explore. Thanks, again and maybe I'll see you on the trails

Picture Unrelated
    Mojo, the only reason to go uphill is to find something fun to descend right? Depending on trail choice, the Epic would be less fun. The best trails really shine in their downhill sections. Comfort on the technical aspects of the downhills make a little less efficiency on the ups more then worthwhile.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Members who have read this thread: 0