The Big Hit at I-Street- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

The Big Hit at I-Street

I got a chance to make it up to I-Street again this weekend. What a sweet place to ride. I finally got the guts to take the new big hit (double that is like 25-Feet) that is on the left side of the gully more by the church, that thing is awesome and so well built!!!!!

Perfect lip and perfect landing!!! Just wanted to give a little shout out to the builders of that super large double, I can't even imagine how much time went into putting that hit together seeing as the lip is almost as tall as I am when I stand next to it.

Anyway whoever you are, thank you so much!!! I have been looking to hit something that big that was built well for a while now.

My tip for any one going to try it is as follows:

Start up by the water tank above where the cement slab is (general starting spot for everything else) and as you peddle toward the first double, hug left and use the new semi burmed line to square up for the first double. Don't overshoot the first double, as I found that it eats up your speed and does exactly the opposite of what you think it will trying to get enough speed to hit the big daddy. Time the landing on the first double just right so that you really use up the transition on the landing. Then I found that you need about 2 to 3 peddles (I was in the middle of my gears) with no brake touches between the landing of the first double and the takeoff of the big daddy. Then just line up right in the middle of the lip and you are good to go and will land right in the middle of the transition for the landing of the big daddy. Very sweet and tons of air!!! Seriously one of the best jumps I have ever hit, and one of only two jumps I have hit in Utah that compare to Bootleg Canyon size and smoothness.

Hats off again to the builders, you guys are amazing!!!

mtbr member
    Where's the pics? that thing is HUGE

biking is fun
    congrats man, that thing is big!!! i have only been jumping for 2 or 3 months so i got a while before that hit. i just made it up to the big park and the line that drops into the gully. fun stuff.
    now you got to hit the stuff that is even closer to the church. that stuff is insane!!!!!!!!! its got to be more than a 35 foot gap.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Ya that line that is even closer to the church is insane!!! It has actually been there for a few years; however, just in like the last year they re-built that gap and made it even bigger to the now like 35+ Feet that it is!!! I actually tried it about 3-years ago when it was smaller and clipped my back tire right on top of the landing. I came down with so much force that it broke the brackets that held my Stratus Super 8 double crown fork. Crazy Stuff!!! I never got the guts to hit it again, and now it is even bigger than before!!! Fast forward to a few years later, and some better skill on my part, I might be tempted now to try it, but I would for sure need to see someone hit it first.

That was the hardest/scariest part about the 25 foot double that I hit on Saturday, I had never seen anyone hit it before so judging the speed and all was really not the most pleasant part about that jump, it seriously played a mind game with me for a while before I hit it, but after the first hit, it was smooth sailaing from there.

As far as pictures go, I did not plan on hitting that huge kicker when we went up there, so I did not have a camera on hand. I do however plan on making it up there this weekend again and you can bet your boot straps that I will take some awesome pictures. I'll post them over the weekend when I get them for sure.

O-Ya and Bubba, Congrats on hitting the flow line to the drop and step up!!! That is such a sweet line don't you think?!! Seriously, if you can stopm that line, you can hit anything else there, the other bigger flow line is not that much harder at all (not talking about the one on the very far right that in not finished).

I'd be down for hitting it up on this comming Saturday with any of you guys if you can. Let me know.

Members who have read this thread: 0