Best trails in Draper- Mtbr.com

Sep 2009

Best trails in Draper

My wife and I are thinking of riding around the Corner Canyon area of Draper. Anybody know much about the trails there and which ones are good rides and what skill levels are needed for some of the trails?

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Traveler5; 09-16-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Your Best Friend
    You don't need advanced skills to ride most of Corner Canyon, hell, the guy who holds the record for the Clarks trail time trial did it on a road bike.

I recommend going from the equestrian center East, link to the dirt road, stay right on the dirt road until it becomes single track, follow the signs taking you up Clarks, hit the crest, ride NE along the dirt road, look for the picnic area/trail head of Ghost Falls, go down GF, stay right at the T, after the trail hits dirt road again, look for the trail on the left about 1/8 of a mile, follow the ST, at the open intersection, look for the ST going West, go down to the dirt road and head back the way you came up.

There are so many options up there it will keep you busy. I just rode there today and the trails are nice and not too dusty after the rain. Some other time and I'd be glad to show you around. Have fun.

Mar 2009
    like was mentioned there are plenty of options down there and a lot of new stuff going on this year. if you're creative enough you can piece together something truely epic.

my favorites are to start with the rusty trombone to get warmed up. then link that up with blumpkin followed by pink sock. if you've got enough spunk left in you i would try either donkey punch or boston pancake-really can't go wrong with either.
    only problem is finding someone willing enough to show you all these.

my only word of advice is to not bother with the angry dragon. sounds fun but in the end it's not worth it.

you can thank me later.

Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by larryonabike
    like was mentioned there are plenty of options down there and a lot of new stuff going on this year. if you're creative enough you can piece together something truely epic.

my favorites are to start with the rusty trombone to get warmed up. then link that up with blumpkin followed by pink sock. if you've got enough spunk left in you i would try either donkey punch or boston pancake-really can't go wrong with either.
    only problem is finding someone willing enough to show you all these.

my only word of advice is to not bother with the angry dragon. sounds fun but in the end it's not worth it.

you can thank me later.
    Say, what??

mtbr member
    LOL. exactly.

Members who have read this thread: 0