Best time for Moab?- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Best time for Moab?

Hi guys, I'm from Ontario and looking to take the road trip to Moab. I'm just wondering what time of year is the best riding? Thanks for the help.

Eric

Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    Hi guys, I'm from Ontario and looking to take the road trip to Moab. I'm just wondering what time of year is the best riding? Thanks for the help.

Eric
    March/April or October/November are best. Winter weather is unpredictable, summer is agonizingly hot in the canyons. March gets busy around spring break time, but April is about perfect. Oh, and check the calendar - there's a Jeep Safari in the spring that sells out every hotel room, and the Fat Tire Fest is around Halloween if they still have it.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixintogo
    March/April or October/November are best. Winter weather is unpredictable, summer is agonizingly hot in the canyons. March gets busy around spring break time, but April is about perfect. Oh, and check the calendar - there's a Jeep Safari in the spring that sells out every hotel room, and the Fat Tire Fest is around Halloween if they still have it.
    Excellent, thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to taking a trip to Moab, this info helps alot.

The Sentinel

Watch out for the 1/2 marathon in March

I think the half-marathon is the weekend of the 18th of March, and most of the hotel rooms will be booked that weekend also. We're going the weekend of the 11th.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

BSG
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    March -may 15
    Just watch out for festivals.
    Fall is nice too but the spring is perfect because it stays light later
    BSG

Just roll it......

Stay away during jeep week.

To follow up with what BSG said. April is a great time to be in Moab, but I'd highly recommend that you avoid Moab during jeep week. It's not a matter of the jeeps being on the same trails (that happens on a few), but getting anywhere in town, shopping, getting a beer, etc. is a total pain in the arse and will totally take away from the experience, imo. I've done it once and won't ever make that mistake again.

Dates for the jeep week can be foound here.
    http://www.rr4w.com/EasterJeepSafari/

Cheers,
    EBX

Quote Originally Posted by BSG
    March -may 15
    Just watch out for festivals.
    Fall is nice too but the spring is perfect because it stays light later
    BSG

Members who have read this thread: 0