Best Shop in Provo Area??- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Best Shop in Provo Area??

I need to get some repairs done on my bike and right now I'm in provo for school. For any serious purchases I know to drive down to go-ride but for fixing up my brakes anybody know what shop to go to down in provo?

SXtreem now
    go to Bingham Cyclery on Center and 200 W.(Freedom blvd) in Provo. It is a great shop. iv been taking my bikes there for 2 years now.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't know.... as a student I have had to learn to wrench on my own to save money. Also some shops have tried to bend me over so I have not had dealings with any shop in town for over two years. Right now I probably know as much or more than most shops. Try learning on your own, give me a hollar if you need some help, I love working on bikes.

Wyrm
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Racer's Cycle

Racer's Bike shop on 500 N and almost Freedom Blvd is the best shop for repairs. He's (his name is Racer) a really good mechanic, best in the valley. Bingham's isn't bad but Racer is better and cheaper. He builds indestructible wheels and will order things in quick. Taylor's isn't worth your time, I always feel slighted by the staff. Mad Dog is ahhh... ok.
    Just my two cents. Working on your own bike is always more fun; however, sometimes you need a friend with a QBP aacount.

Jan 2004
    haha yeah I totally agree with all the stuff about working on ur own bike. My problem is that my hayes are shot and I've tried everything to get them to work... thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Bring them over I've fixed all my crew's hayes before.

Wyrm
    Bikeless Rider

Homer's problem child

Best shop in Provo?

The one that is open on Sundays
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Racers is best, hands down.

Racer is a great guy and used to wrench for pro mtb teams. He knows all the pro tricks that really make a difference.

Members who have read this thread: 0