Best reseaonable place to stay in Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best reseaonable place to stay in Moab

I will be attending the 24 hours of Moab and was wondering where the closest and best place to stay is? I don't need anything fancy.
    Contact us with your video production needs.
    [email protected]

frejwilk
    The race venue?

If you're thinking about indoor accommodation during the event, most everyone camps at the venue. It's too inconvenient to do anything else.

Prior to the event, especially Friday night, I think it would be tough to find much availability (hotel/motel in Moab) at this point. Whatever you can find is going to be your best option.

Good Luck,

FW

mtbr member
    How far is the event from the town of Moab? I am bringing the wife and she rather have a room but I am down to camp. Thanks
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There's camping in town that has stalls and some on the highway towards Gemini Bridges trailhead on highway #191. Also can camp at Bartlett Wash for free but there are biting flies there if warm. Bartlett is a great place to play on slickrock, any level rider.
    agmtb

should know better.....
    Event is about 12 miles south of Moab, but after you turn off 191, (the main highway) its a couple of miles of dirt road, including some pretty sketchy rocky areas, (doing the race 6 times I've seen three different cars stuck due to ripping their oil pan open, or some other damage). It's easily navigable, but you just have to take it easy. Close to race time, like the Friday afternoon/evening, and Saturday morning, the road gets quite backed up. Do not plan on just cruising in at the last minute. We always picked our site, and staked it out with tape, and left at least one vehicle there by Thursday mid-day. This was when there were 300, then 350, then 400 teams. now there are 550.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You might try Up The Creek Campground that is on the way up to Slickrock Trail 435-260-1888 .
    just put me back on my bike

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up.
    [email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0