Best place for after-work ride-closest to Hill AFB?- Mtbr.com

Aug 2007

New question here. Best place for after-work ride-closest to Hill AFB?

I have ridden Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and will ride Mueller park soon enough...but does anyone know of any good, short, quick trails really close to Hill AFB? Looking for a place to hit after work 2-3 times / week.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Davis county sucks for open space, especially trails. You could try Kays Creek trail; it runs along the bench in Layton. It has been tore up a lot in order to build homes, but it sucked anyway. The closest decent rides are BST Ogden ad Meuller Park. If you ride Mueller, make sure you ride up the back side-it's rough but worth it. Antelope island is also an option, but not a great ride either. The base perimeter road is nice for some non-mountain rides. If you haven't already, check out http://utahmountainbiking.com.

The Sentinel

You'd have to drive a little, but...

The Green Pond trailhead and the associated trails up by Snowbasin wouldn't be too bad. I don't think it's any farther away from HAFB than Mueller Park, and the traffic wouldn't be nearly as crazy as I-15.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/tr...aples-loop.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bike-wrench
    I have ridden Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and will ride Mueller park soon enough...but does anyone know of any good, short, quick trails really close to Hill AFB? Looking for a place to hit after work 2-3 times / week.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    As far as Davis county goes, head up to the East Mountain Fitness Park(aka Vita Course) up by the rifle range and animal shelter in fruit heights. Start on the vita course loop but take your first right after about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. This will link you up to the Bonneville Shoreline section in Davis county. You can ride this all the way to Adams Canyon and beyond to the old Castle-looking house in the north part of Layton. This trail gets lots of use...by horses, which sucks big time. Lots of erosion. The trail is gnarly and it keeps getting worse. After you get past the first bit it gets much better. There is a lot of home construction that ruins things too. I just don't think there are as many dedicated trail builders in Davis as there are in Weber and such. Anyway, it still is a pretty good and fun ride. If you ride the whole thing as an out and back, then ad the rest of the vita course loop at the end (which hardly anyone rides anymore, it seems but it's super fun!) the whole thing is about 12 or 13 miles. Plus, try to find the fun little jump off the beaten path at the end of the vita course loop...
    Hope this helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0