Best driving route from Frutia to Thunder Mountain and then St George- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best driving route from Frutia to Thunder Mountain and then St George

Can anyone out there suggest the best route from Frutia -> Thunder Mountain (Only stop to ride the trail) and then on to St George - and how long the drive would take

Looking at mapblast it suggests going off on wiggley minor roads - but would it be best to zip along interstates and then double back ?

Thanks

mtbr member

little roads

I-70 to Sevier Hwy 89 left and take that all the way through through Panguich to hwy 12and you're right there. That leg of the trip was OK scenery wise but after leaving Thunder mountain and heading to Cedar City it's a postcard the whole way between those points on 14. The only drawback of that route is the lack of services; not a total lack but fill up and eat in Richfeild before turning onto 89. It could be quicker getting to the Hurricane rides if you plan on riding one of them the same day if you continue on 89 and turn right on 9 but if you're headed strait to you're hotel or to a St George ride take the 14 to I-15 for the scenery on 14. Have fun

mtbr member
    I'd take the "wiggely minor roads" also. They are very very scenic, but kind of out there, so don't let the gas get too low as services are sparse. Don't expect to just stop along the way and get lunch "whenever." I'd bring food/water with me in a cooler.

They are for the most part 2 lane highways usually with a speedlimit of 60 mph. You'll pass near Bryce and Zion National Parks. Get your camera ready!

mtbr member
    thanks for the advise

Now i just have to hope that thunder mountain is rideable when i get there, on the way to my hotel in ST George

Members who have read this thread: 0