• 12-28-2008
    drain bamage
    beginner DH trails in the Sandy area?
    I am looking for a DH trail that is not too hard and a somewhat beginner could handle it. In the sandy area. I cant go farther than about 10-20 miles to get to it either
  • 12-29-2008
    drain bamage
    bump
  • 12-29-2008
    climbingbubba
    right now nothing...

for really easy and pretty fun you could check out the little cottonwood trail also known as the quarry trail.
    the draper dh trail is coming along nicely.

bobsled in salt lake.

all pretty easy
  • 12-30-2008
    drain bamage
    Ok how high are the jumps and drops on the draper and bobsled? Like describe some of the hard parts of the trail (for such as a 4 foot jump or big rocks or something lol) I have been up to quary 2 times so far and I like it...

Thanks
  • 12-30-2008
    climbingbubba
    draper has maybe a 5 foot drop at most in it and about a 10 foot gap jump.
    bobsled has a few jumps and drops. there is a gap that jumps a car thats probably a 12 footer and a drop at the end thats probably 8 feet.

all of them are optional and have go arounds though.
  • 12-30-2008
    drboudreaux
    Draper is closed though. It should open in the summer once all of the snow melts and the trail dries up. Way too much snow up there right now to be riding the area, especially the downhill.:thumbsup:
  • 01-01-2009
    drain bamage
    Ok thanks, that is good to know. I will try the draper one next year. What is it like riding on the bobsled this time of year though? Is the snow all packed or what? Is it really slick?