bears in deer valley- Mtbr.com
    1/4 semi-pro

bears in deer valley

me and my dad and jib went up in the rain yeasterday to dynamite some trees that had fallen on the driveway to our cabin. i wasn't able to get up to do anything on the crest because my mouth is still sore kind of.
    after we got done at the cabing my dad shuttled us at deer valley twice on the ncs trail. at the top of the lift where the trail starts we saw a bear in someone's yard standing on a stump and staring at us with his mouth open. i think it was a brown bear? jib took off and i did too and we pedalled down as fast as we could go. on our second time he was still there looking at us but didn't grwol or come near us. so we just stayed really quiet and went down again.
    so watch out if your up there riding!
    not anti-bobsled

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Oh Chumley, I just want to e-reach out there and pinch your chubby little cheeks! You're just so cute sometimes.

That was a wooden bear carving in some folks backyard. It's been there for years. But that shouldn't deter you, your father and Jib from going back up there, tracking it and shooting it.

Waiting for Godot
    are there brown bears in utah?

"the brown bear now occurs only in Alaska, parts of Canada, and in the northwestern United States. Unfortunately, the brown bear was extirpated (eliminated) from Utah in the 1920s."

http://dwrcdc.nr.utah.gov/rsgis2/sea...?FlNm=ursuarct
    Out riding, leave a message

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Technically if Chumley's dad didn't shave he would be considered a brown bear. Well, either that or Chewbacca.

Stare into Chumley's dads eyes...You're finding yourself sleepy. Very sleepy. Very sleepy and very hungry.

Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 06-13-2010 at 04:37 PM.

1/4 semi-pro
    ha ha! yeah i get it.
    not anti-bobsled

JPE
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    If its anything like the La Sals in Moab (which im guessing it is) there are bears that have a brown coat of fur, but they are really in the black bear family. All the bears in our mountains are small (in comparison to grizzlies) and brown.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Other than the wooden sculpture, I've never seen a bear in Deer Valley or Park City. Lots of cougars, but no bears.

Thanks for the offer ma'am, but I don't f#ck fossils for free.

mtbr member
    I ride the Uintahs and grew up in the area. I see them every season as well as plenty of bear scat.

mtbr member
    wow...some people reading this thread are completely lost I believe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I've seen quite a few bears in the Uintahs and honestly never feel threatened. Little black bears usually don't even seem to care about you. It's the brown ones you have to worry about but we don't have them in utah anyway so it's cool.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Bear standing on stump = Carved bear.

Members who have read this thread: 0