Bearclaw Poppies are out- Mtbr.com

Oct 2005

Bearclaw Poppies are out

Just rode the Bearclaw Poppy Trail this afternoon, and was a bit surprised to see the poppies starting to come out. I'm sure it will be a couple weeks still until full bloom, and none of the other wildflowers were blooming yet, but it was still a nice addition to the ride.

I love that trail anyway...even more so when the poppies are out.

So if any infrequent riders were wondering what the poppies actually are...now's your chance! They usually disappear again around the end of May/beginning of June.

Mar 2007
    Sounds pretty, where is Bearclaw Poppy? How do I get there?

mtbr member
    Check out UtahMountainBiking.com for directions, it's also know as the Green Valley Loop.

Brass Nipples!

Here's a link to some pictures.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=187888

I like to ride from the end of Navajo up to the tank and back. The old "loop" is hard to negotiate now because of construction.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Oct 2005

Loop

The trail isn't really all that pretty...it's just that I like to see the flowers the trail was named for.

Bob, I know all that construction messed the loop up, but it should still be possible to start down at the Navajo end, and make a loop out of Micro-Stucki-and then down Bearclaw Poppy back to Navajo, right?

I was pressed for time so I just started at Navajo, did Micro until it connected at Clavical Hill, messed around there a bit, and then back to Navajo.

mtbr member

They are out!

I just finished ridding today and they are out in bunches. Once you know what your looking for they are everywhere on the middle section of the lower loop. I always refer to this part as the roller coaster. After clavical hill, all the way until you hit the red dirt. This is a great time to get out and enjoy spring time in the desert. Check it out, I wish I had a picture.

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by slow up slow down
    Bob, I know all that construction messed the loop up, but it should still be possible to start down at the Navajo end, and make a loop out of Micro-Stucki-and then down Bearclaw Poppy back to Navajo, right?.
    There are a lot of possibilities, including Stucki, the Barrel Trail and the network of trails in the Green Valley race course area. String them all together and you've got a pretty good ride. Stucki Springs does join with the Bearclaw Poppy Trail just below Clavicle Hill.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Members who have read this thread: 0