Aussies wanna ride!- Mtbr.com
    Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005

Aussies wanna ride!

Girl and I are looking for somewhere to ride from 15-19th. While we have no understanding of this white cold stuff on the ground all over the place we do understand that it effects riding. So where should we head to find open trails? We hit Moab/ Fruita back in '06 and were thinking of heading there again. Are the shuttle still running ? (up to porc etc), are most trails still open? What about Fruita....is it effected by snow?
    Anywhere else we should consider?

mtbr member
    Moab and Fruita should both have the same weather and trail conditions (although there is more dirt in Fruita so the trails are more affected by moisture). Contact a local bike shop in Moab (Chili Pepper is a good one) and Fruita (Over the Edge) for trail conditions and if it's crappy, head on over to Gooseberry/St. George...

mtbr member

Hey Mate

weather is looking good. I'm travelin with a pretty large posse already and dont see that 2 more would be a problem as long as you AND the Sallie can ride. You better bring some vegimite though! We are riding in Fruita / GJ on Thursday and Friday am. then heading to Moab Friday afternoon through Sunday. Shuttles are running and I have arrangements with Bryan at PSB for Saturday. PM me or email and I'd be glad to point you in the right direction for some good rides.

You know, it was an Aussie that first told me the joke about how to take yer girl and rodeo... never mind
    The best trails are STILL...

www.breckepic.com
    http://mavsports.com/

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    Hey thanks for the info. How far is Goosberry Mesa / St George from Moab? What type of riding is to be had there?

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    as long as you AND the Sallie can ride.
    Someone always rides like a 'girl' on any group ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnold
    Hey thanks for the info. How far is Goosberry Mesa / St George from Moab? What type of riding is to be had there?
    5 hours, you will like it as much as Moab or Fruita. Especially if you have someone to show you around.
    PM me if your interested

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnold
    Someone always rides like a 'girl' on any group ride.
    I'll be that girl if you like... lol... I'll ride with you... pm me with your ride details and I would love to tag along and meet some new folk.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

Members who have read this thread: 0