Aussies wanna ride!

Printable View

• 11-11-2008
    fatnold
    Aussies wanna ride!
    Girl and I are looking for somewhere to ride from 15-19th. :thumbsup: While we have no understanding of this white cold stuff on the ground all over the place :rolleyes: we do understand that it effects riding. :eek: So where should we head to find open trails? We hit Moab/ Fruita back in '06 and were thinking of heading there again. Are the shuttle still running ? (up to porc etc), are most trails still open? What about Fruita....is it effected by snow?
    Anywhere else we should consider?
  • 11-12-2008
    flipnidaho
    Moab and Fruita should both have the same weather and trail conditions (although there is more dirt in Fruita so the trails are more affected by moisture). Contact a local bike shop in Moab (Chili Pepper is a good one) and Fruita (Over the Edge) for trail conditions and if it's crappy, head on over to Gooseberry/St. George...
  • 11-12-2008
    breckseth
    Hey Mate
    weather is looking good. I'm travelin with a pretty large posse already and dont see that 2 more would be a problem as long as you AND the Sallie can ride. You better bring some vegimite though! We are riding in Fruita / GJ on Thursday and Friday am. then heading to Moab Friday afternoon through Sunday. Shuttles are running and I have arrangements with Bryan at PSB for Saturday. PM me or email and I'd be glad to point you in the right direction for some good rides. :thumbsup:

You know, it was an Aussie that first told me the joke about how to take yer girl and rodeo... never mind
  • 11-12-2008
    fatnold
    Hey thanks for the info. How far is Goosberry Mesa / St George from Moab? What type of riding is to be had there?
  • 11-12-2008
    fatnold
    Quote:

Originally Posted by breckseth
    as long as you AND the Sallie can ride.

Someone always rides like a 'girl' on any group ride. ;)
  • 11-13-2008
    can't get right
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fatnold
    Hey thanks for the info. How far is Goosberry Mesa / St George from Moab? What type of riding is to be had there?

5 hours, you will like it as much as Moab or Fruita. Especially if you have someone to show you around.
    PM me if your interested
  • 11-14-2008
    crager34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fatnold
    Someone always rides like a 'girl' on any group ride. ;)

I'll be that girl if you like... lol... I'll ride with you... pm me with your ride details and I would love to tag along and meet some new folk.