aussies in moab- Mtbr.com

Thread: aussies in moab

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005

aussies in moab

me an girl will be in moab over easter. we want to fit in as much riding as our alcohol habit will allow. any recomendations for trails? we thought we would hit the obvious ones, ie, slickrock, porc rim. what others would be worthy of our precious time? Will the trails be crowded over this weekend? how is the weather? how is the beer?

I Just Ride....

Good job!

Easter isn't exactly the best time for MTBers to be in Moab, because of the annual Easter Jeep Safari.
    It's to the Jeep crowd like the Canyonlands FFT is to us.
    There are lots of great rides in Moab you should also try, like: Gemini Bridges, Ammasa Back, Bartlett Wash to name a few.
    Beer? I am more or less a native to Utah so I like the beers of Utah. The alcohol content is 3.4% but anything stronger you'd have to got to the "state liquor stores".
    You should also check out Eddie McStiff's a brew pub.
    Have Fun!
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    3.4%

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    It's actually 3.2% by mass. BTW - this is also true in grocery stores in Colorado and many other states. However 3.2% by mass is actually 4% by volume which is how most beer is measured. You can always go to the liquor store and get many stronger beers, malt liquors, or barley wines. Besides, it helps you hydrate after a long ride

I also agree with mtbbrian, Jeep week is a bad time to be in Moab on a mountain bike. I have lucked out before though and found a trail or two which was totally to myself. Sovereign trail would be another recommendation and has both singletrack and slickrock.

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    sounds like bad timing. Oh well, we will have to make the most of it as our timing is fixed.

thanks for the replies.

I Just Ride....

Hope

DOH! TYPO!
    I did mean 3.2% and not not 3.4!
    Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    man thay was fun. i'm glad we hit town during jeep week. what a spectacle. we dodged jeeps on slickrock and amasa back. no big deal. i enjoyed watching.
    we rode slickrock, porc rim, amasa back. (i snapped my pedal at the top of amasa back. rode back to the car 1 footed.) the photos from porc rim are the best. (views)
    we would travel to moab again to ride. maybe jeep week next year. ;-]

Members who have read this thread: 0