ATV's have been enjoying Gooseberry...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

ATV's have been enjoying Gooseberry...

Was up on Goose today... fresh (as in a day old) ATV damage on South Rim, Bowls and Ledges, Windmill Trail and the Point Trail, (where the stupid bast#rds have to ride BETWEEN two "no motorized vehicle signs) etc.. They even rode right out of the parking lot onto the South Rim trail.

This upcoming weekend is the annual Hurricane Tri-State ATV trail Fu#kfest.... er... I mean Jamboree. Guys and gals, be visable on Hurricane trails and Gooseberry and Little Creek Fri-Sat and Sun and protect your trails. Every year a few (or more) bad apples FUBAR some of the areas sweet single track on thier machines.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Cycling, FTW!!
    Sucks that a handful of irresponsible morons can give all OHV enthusiasts a bad name. You would be surprised to learn that the majority of motorized offroaders would love to smash the kneecaps of the few dumbasses that get areas closed and give their user group a bad name.

Take pictures of their registration stickers if you happen to get close enough. LEO's should be able to send the owner a citation if you can get the reg # off the sticker.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Was up on Goose today... fresh (as in a day old) ATV damage on South Rim, Bowls and Ledges, Windmill Trail and the Point Trail, (where the stupid bast#rds have to ride BETWEEN two "no motorized vehicle signs) etc.. They even rode right out of the parking lot onto the South Rim trail.

This upcoming weekend is the annual Hurricane Tri-State ATV trail Fu#kfest.... er... I mean Jamboree. Guys and gals, be visable on Hurricane trails and Gooseberry and Little Creek Fri-Sat and Sun and protect your trails. Every year a few (or more) bad apples FUBAR some of the areas sweet single track on thier machines.
    Monte, did you at the least document the damage via photos and contact the LEO's in your area? Most likely the offenders were semi locals and will be back again in the near future....and if not, maybe you can ask around and see if anyone saw the riders out tearing sh*t up. Chances are more ATV'ers will be riding G-Berry again this weekend with the gathering of Texas Wheel Chair Sportmen coming to Hurricane. Maybe the local law enforcement can do a drive by at the main parking lot @ G-Berry or make an announcement at the Wheel Chair Rally?

Your Best Friend
    I would absolutely love to come and ride around with you this weekend. Drill sucks sometimes. Good luck catching some of these guys.

You should set up something where, for every ATV'r you catch, people pledge money to fix/improve trails. I'll start. Monte, 5$ for everyone you catch and get ticketed. (Don't make me go bankrupt though )
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    This is infuriating. I'll be on the lookout.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Talentless Hack

That was...

Search and Rescue looking for a rider on Saturday night. My dinner was interrupted by the local Sheriff looking for a lost/injured rider. About 5 cars of S&R showed up with a couple of ATV's soon after. I rode Gooseberry the next morning and found very little damage with just a couple of tracks that were accessible from the road. They often will rake out the tracks in the daylight.
    Sierra Club Sucks

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Boy 1
    Search and Rescue looking for a rider on Saturday night. My dinner was interrupted by the local Sheriff looking for a lost/injured rider. About 5 cars of S&R showed up with a couple of ATV's soon after. I rode Gooseberry the next morning and found very little damage with just a couple of tracks that were accessible from the road. They often will rake out the tracks in the daylight.
    That makes sense.... that's why it was on every trail accessed from the various double track.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NMBP
    They were just trying to "Take Back Utah".

'aua e te fati
    Jul 2006
    What were the conditions like? I'm planning on coming down on the 26/27th and was thinking about riding Gooseberry with some buddies. 4wd in necessary?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by matamua
    What were the conditions like? I'm planning on coming down on the 26/27th and was thinking about riding Gooseberry with some buddies. 4wd in necessary?
    The access roads are good and 2WD car is peachy. Trails are sweeeeeeeet. Come on down and have some fun
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

'aua e te fati
    Jul 2006
    Thanks! I can't wait to ride on something other than asphalt/snow/my commuter. My mtb and I have been exchanging steamy glances for months now.

I'd rather be biking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiot Boy 1
    I would greatly express my rights to the second amendment at the moment

NOT Team Sanchez
    Someone recently booby-trapped/sabotaged a drop on the ##. A buddy of mine blindly launched the ten foot drop and narrowly escaped a serious crash; landing had been dug out and rocks had been placed there instead. I know it's not about Goose, but I figured it's related and that I'd share. If anyone has any info it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    I like bikes.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Someone recently booby-trapped/sabotaged a drop on the ##.
    Which trail?

NOT Team Sanchez

if you don't know, then you don't need to know...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Which trail?
    Since you don't accept private messages I'll give you a hint: Trail's name has three letters, and is in the st.george area with drops, etc. You'll figure it out
    I like bikes.

This place needs an enema
    Since you don't accept private messages I'll give you a hint: Trail's name has three letters, and is in the st.george area with drops, etc. You'll figure it out
    Say no more--I know exactly where you mean. We always scope everything there because we only get there ~once a year.

At first I thought your ## meant the BJ, and that alarmed me even more.

Thx.

MC

NOT Team Sanchez

Cocaine drop actually.....named by El C of course.

I see you're not studying Austin, get back to work! :

Next time you're down give us a call Mike, it's been a long time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATV's have been enjoying Gooseberry...-webb15-1.jpg  

I like bikes.

I'd rather be biking...
    I see you're not studying Austin, get back to work! :

Next time you're down give us a call Mike, it's been a long time
    Did I take that Allen?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Someone recently booby-trapped/sabotaged a drop on the ##. A buddy of mine blindly launched the ten foot drop and narrowly escaped a serious crash; landing had been dug out and rocks had been placed there instead. I know it's not about Goose, but I figured it's related and that I'd share. If anyone has any info it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ditto on Prospector/Church Rocks. It happened between Sunday afternoon and 3pm today.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NOT Team Sanchez
    I saw my brother's mtbr name at the bottom of the page as someone viewing the page.
    I like bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0