Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident- Mtbr.com
    splat

Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident

Just in case you're on MTBR: my bad, dude.

I was riding solo on the JEM trail Saturday afternoon wearing a grey shirt on a blue Chumba VF2. You were in a group of 6-8 guys and I was following your trailing rider for a mile or so until your entire group had stopped in the middle of the trail just past where the JEM crosses the dirt road.

As I approached, I said "excuse me can I get past..." no one moved so I rode off trail a few feet to get around. One of you said something like, "Hey! Don't ride over there." and I said "alright" a little more sarcastically than I attended to which you responded "Hey man, we live here!"

I understand the fragile nature of the cryptobiotic soil, and the importance of preserving the awesome trails (I also have lived in the area), but I made the quick decision to ride around you rather than try to dismount and walk through your group. Honestly I was a little peeved that when I asked, the group just looked at me like a herd of cattle without allowing another rider to pass.

I have thick skin, and don't know why it bugged me so much, but you seemed to take exception to my actions so here's an apology to you, biking local guy.

And in case you're still upset... here's a picture of a puppy. Look at it. LOOK AT THE PUPPY.

K, we cool.
    have a safe and productive day.

NOT Team Sanchez
    All feelings of hostility fading from body; puppies are anger's kryptonite. That sucks man, sorry about the locals getting territorial.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The locals were not territorial... I was there..

Why we were bummed and said "Hey man stay on the trail!" is because instead of waiting 5 seconds for us to move (which we were in the middle of doing) you in an effort to set your lap record... rode 15 feet off the trail and around the group in wet/muddy crypto soil and your tracks will be there for a very long time, As you might know this may encourage others to follow them. So to avoid this, a member of the offending group of territorial locals who collectively spend hours and hours maintaining the trails you rode on that day....will rake them out as soon as it dries.

Ten seconds of patience was all that was needed.BTW.. I was at the back with my wife and yelled out "rider coming" to clear a path for you.
    Last edited by STT GUY; 12-14-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    All feelings of hostility fading from body; puppies are anger's kryptonite. That sucks man, sorry about the locals getting territorial.
    Team Sanchez guy.... are you aware that "Team Sanchez" stuff was tagged is spray paint in several places out off of Zen and Barrel Ride on the rocks recently... BLM is totally sideways about it.

You may or may not know this but the BLM is in the middle of a "traffic management plan" which will determine where we are allowed to keep riding and where we can build new trail over the next ten years and we are trying to get more trail appoved out there. That tagging shi!t certainly doesn't help the cause and whoever is doing it is absolutely hurting EVERY riders chances at keeping trail, let alone getting new trail approved.
    Last edited by STT GUY; 12-14-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

I'd rather be biking...
    Yes this is getting good

NOT Team Sanchez

I am a huge advocate of trail access and diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Team Sanchez guy.... are you aware that "Team Sanchez" stuff was tagged is spray paint in several places out off of Zen and Barrel Ride on the rocks recently... BLM is totally sideways about it.

You may or may not know this but the BLM is in the middle of a "traffic management plan" which will determine where we are allowed to keep riding and where we can build new trail over the next ten years and we are trying to get more trail appoved out there. That tagging shi!t certainly doesn't help the cause and whoever is doing it is absolutely hurting EVERY riders chances at keeping trail, let alone getting new trail approved.
    I thought I already posted that some loser's tagged our riding groups nickname on the Barrel Rolls, why someone would do that is pretty obvious; to stir the pot. It's not us, tell the BLM that it's not our riding group, thanks for the "heads up", or more accurately, accusation.

My initial reaction was over the top, sorry, it bugs me more than it probably bugs you. I haven't been out there to see it, where is the tagging located?
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Our riding group crew isn't shy about being members of the renowned "Team Sanchez," so why the heck would we tag our group's name all over rocks when the most obvious outcome would be for people to come straight for us. I think anyone with info about this should come forward, it's no secret some others in town don't like us, don't people realize that this Team Sanchez prestige thing is a joke?! Somebody who apparently wants to stir the pot, as stated above, and doesn't like "Team Sanchez" is to blame. It'll be interesting how this plays out.......
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    As a final note of irony, I find it awesome that the trail that's been tagged with our riding group's nickname is a trail we've never ridden as a group, and that I've personally ridden just twice, the last time being this past spring. The rest of our crew rides it about as much. I am an actually an old school trail steward, many moons ago when a race team named Dixie Desert Racing existed, my dad and I, plus other members of the team became unofficial trail "wardens" for the Bear Poppy Reserve.

As a further gripe, given my past posts venting and attacking concerning damage to trails, and the loss of trails due to irresponsibility and apathy, it should be clear that I, we, too are as concerned with state of trails and access to them as you are???? It's late and I'm ticked off by this, I guess the deviant has achieved their purposes; they're definitely under my skin. If you, the little jerks that tagged, are members here on mtbr and see this, congratulations, you've made a group of local riders your enemies and slowed down the movement towards being a better riding location. I'd love to start pointing fingers, but those who did this didn't leave their signature, what pathetic spineless lumps.
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    ahhhhh, I need to look at that pic of the puppy so I can calm down enough to get some sleep.....
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Edit: Hadn't heard that the Zen was also vandalized, this really sucks.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I thought I already posted that some loser's tagged our riding groups nickname on the Barrel Rolls, why someone would do that is pretty obvious; to stir the pot. It's not us, tell the BLM that it's not our riding group, thanks for the "heads up", or more accurately, accusation.

My initial reaction was over the top, sorry, it bugs me more than it probably bugs you. I haven't been out there to see it, where is the tagging located?
    Man that sucks big time. I didn;t accuse you I asked if you were aware of it. If I accuse you of something it will be much more direct, trust me.

I'll see if I can get you some GPS coordinates. Heck/.. lets just pick a day and get some of us to go scrub it out,
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member

STT - Do you know anybody in the BLM office that can get shyte done? I have called numerous times about getting the fences fixed out on Stucki with no response. The Rhino riding, inbred throttle twisters are back out in force now that the temps are down.
    Its funny that they get pissed about the tagging but have no interest in fixing something that causes much more damage.
    I was planning on going out myself this week or next if anybody wants in.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    STT - Do you know anybody in the BLM office that can get shyte done? I have called numerous times about getting the fences fixed out on Stucki with no response. The Rhino riding, inbred throttle twisters are back out in force now that the temps are down.
    Its funny that they get pissed about the tagging but have no interest in fixing something that causes much more damage.
    I was planning on going out myself this week or next if anybody wants in.
    Sometime during Xmas-NewYear week or early Jan? I have met CGR but it would be a pleasure to do some trail work with the rest O y'all and I need some sunshine.

Of course this means that sunshine IS part of the deal. I am a fair weather traveler.

JMH

NOT Team Sanchez

I admitted I overreacted....

Man that sucks big time. I didn;t accuse you I asked if you were aware of it. If I accuse you of something it will be much more direct, trust me.

I'll see if I can get you some GPS coordinates. Heck/.. lets just pick a day and get some of us to go scrub it out,
    You've always been a very good advocate of our trails, sorry for freakin' out, I was just throwing a fit
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ok... eberyone here is pretty passionate about trail building and upkeep, that;s great> Simnse this thred has a negative vibe and some of us were a bit pissy can we start a new one here were we can communicate with eachother and make some plans on working together and doing some organized efforts?

Ill start a new thread called "Trail Work in St George" ok? Jump in.

Lastly, thank you for your concern and offers or assistance.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

Really I am that slow
    And nobody accusing me of blowing out corners at sidewider on my fixie..... i'm bummed now....

Sucks on the tagging!

mega lame!
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

splat
    Thanks for writing. I figured it was something like this. My impatience is not worth riding of the trail. So again, my bad.

The locals were not territorial... I was there..

Why we were bummed and said "Hey man stay on the trail!" is because instead of waiting 5 seconds for us to move (which we were in the middle of doing) you in an effort to set your lap record... rode 15 feet off the trail and around the group in wet/muddy crypto soil and your tracks will be there for a very long time, As you might know this may encourage others to follow them. So to avoid this, a member of the offending group of territorial locals who collectively spend hours and hours maintaining the trails you rode on that day....will rake them out as soon as it dries.

Ten seconds of patience was all that was needed.BTW.. I was at the back with my wife and yelled out "rider coming" to clear a path for you.
    have a safe and productive day.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lazythekid
    Thanks for writing. I figured it was something like this. My impatience is not worth riding of the trail. So again, my bad.
    Understood and thanks, it's nothing a rake wont cure..,. it'll get taken care of. We need to spend some time on the JEM and top of the Goulds come spring.

Now if we can just keep those darn ATV;s off the trail. Look like a couple hit JEM between the Canal Trailhead road and the Hurricane Rim turn-off.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Sometime during Xmas-NewYear week or early Jan? I have met CGR but it would be a pleasure to do some trail work with the rest O y'all and I need some sunshine.

Of course this means that sunshine IS part of the deal. I am a fair weather traveler.

JMH
    I'm in for that week between Christmas and New Year's...... as long as there's some riding involved too.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

I'd rather be biking...
    As a final note of irony, I find it awesome that the trail that's been tagged with our riding group's nickname is a trail we've never ridden as a group, and that I've personally ridden just twice, the last time being this past spring. The rest of our crew rides it about as much. I am an actually an old school trail steward, many moons ago when a race team named Dixie Desert Racing existed, my dad and I, plus other members of the team became unofficial trail "wardens" for the Bear Poppy Reserve.

As a further gripe, given my past posts venting and attacking concerning damage to trails, and the loss of trails due to irresponsibility and apathy, it should be clear that I, we, too are as concerned with state of trails and access to them as you are???? It's late and I'm ticked off by this, I guess the deviant has achieved their purposes; they're definitely under my skin. If you, the little jerks that tagged, are members here on mtbr and see this, congratulations, you've made a group of local riders your enemies and slowed down the movement towards being a better riding location. I'd love to start pointing fingers, but those who did this didn't leave their signature, what pathetic spineless lumps.
    Who would tag ur guys's names? I've seen them before on the north shore section awhile back. Never noticed it on zen. Where? Not blaming you but the mustache trail has dirty sanchez's all over it from many moons ago...on a better note anybody else watch life cycles yet. Holy sweet bike movie batman. I thought I was watchin discovery channel. Sorry just watched it:-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    [QUOTE=STT GUY]Team Sanchez guy.... are you aware that "Team Sanchez" stuff was tagged is spray paint in several places out off of Zen and Barrel Ride on the rocks recently... BLM is totally sideways about it.

The same thing is happening with the ski/snow culture. This LAME/GHETTO attitude. You come up to trailheads/ski resort parking lots blasting your lame wanna be ghetto music. Then you or your desperate friend sdestroy/tag nature ie. rocks.
    You are all so lame! The reason why people explore nature in part is to get away from the ghetto.

Take your lame crack pants AND music elsewhere
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=ilovemtnbiking]
    The same thing is happening with the ski/snow culture. This LAME/GHETTO attitude. You come up to trailheads/ski resort parking lots blasting your lame wanna be ghetto music. Then you or your desperate friend sdestroy/tag nature ie. rocks.
    You are all so lame! The reason why people explore nature in part is to get away from the ghetto.

Take your lame crack pants AND music elsewhere
    My Dad was right, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think your stupid then to open it and prove them correct.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    [QUOTE=can't get right]
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemtnbiking

My Dad was right, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think your stupid then to open it and prove them correct.
    That's not my quote...... the poster screwed up the "Quote" feature and put my name above it.

Of course if you would have taken your dad's advice... you would have noticed that and never made the comment.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=STT GUY]
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right

That's not my quote...... the poster screwed up the "Quote" feature and put my name above it.

Of course if you would have taken your dad's advice... you would have noticed that and never made the comment.
    Bit touchy Guy? I know the quotes not yours, everybody that took the time to read this thread knows the quotes not yours. ilovemtbiking made an inane comment about the ghetto, ski culture and crack pants. (whatever those are) I could not help myself, I will be more sensitive as to how my posts affect your feelings in the future, my bad.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    [QUOTE=can't get right]

Bit touchy Guy? I know the quotes not yours, everybody that took the time to read this thread knows the quotes not yours. ilovemtbiking made an inane comment about the ghetto, ski culture and crack pants. (whatever those are) I could not help myself, I will be more sensitive as to how my posts affect your feelings in the future, my bad.
    Me touchy... never! LOL!!!

I just wanted to make sure it was clear that was not my banter...

BTW - My dad said "when standing in a hole it is best to put down the shovel" but in my experience its waaaaaay more fun to keep digging.

BTW #2... what the hell are crack pants? Help an old dude out here.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Since the puppy didn't work, I am going to hose down this entire thread with Unicorns since it seems that everyone is generally in agreement about how to fix the whole situation. If there are still any misunderstandings, the healing properties of unicorns will fill in the cracks and form a smooth, gelatinous coating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident-mermaidfairy-unicorn-t5.jpg  

Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident-mystical-unicorn-02.jpg  

Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident-princess-unicorn.jpg  

Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident-unicorn1024.png  

Apology to YOU, Hurricane/StG Resident-unicorns_csg010.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The one with the cupcakes is awesome
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Since the puppy didn't work, I am going to hose down this entire thread with Unicorns since it seems that everyone is generally in agreement about how to fix the whole situation. If there are still any misunderstandings, the healing properties of unicorns will fill in the cracks and form a smooth, gelatinous coating.
    What no Charlie?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5im0Ssyyus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5im0Ssyyus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Chaaaaaarlie, we're on a bridge, Chaaaaaaarlie.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Charlie is SO annoying

Members who have read this thread: 0