Anything rideable in Park City?- Mtbr.com
    Mtn Biker Machinist

Anything rideable in Park City?

I will be driving up for a conference Tue-Thur is it worth bringing the bike and gear? I have been riding the BST in Ogden where I live, but I know all the other trails at higher elevation are still wet/snow covered.

Thanks in advance.

1 cog frog

CoopsDad
    Oct 2005
    NO, especially after this weekend !

mtbr member
    Not a chance. I just got back from a 2 week road trip to Moab, Lake Powell and Zion and was hoping to have most the snow gone when I got back.

I was obviously dreaming.

Sep 2007
    Dam snow isn't going to stop til june like last year.

Ride and Smile
    Yes, bring the bike. Round valley is good to go. glenwild needs maybe one more day of sun. Not sure about Solomere area but think its probably really close. You can ride if you want to. Pickings are gonna be slim though

Sep 2007
    flying dog possibly?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

24-7 and Flying Dog

Rode 24-7 today from East Canyon Creek. It was dry to the Redhawk road. Rode Flying Dog from 24-7 in both directions. It was dry on the west side up to the ridge above 24-7. Over the ridge it was blocked by snow and the trail that was exposed was muddy. In the other direction, headed east up towards Glenwild/The Reserve, it got muddy about 1/4 mile before you get to the new road at the top, so I turned around. Still got in 10 plus miles of single track by the time I was finished.

Also heard that Round Valley was good. However, this evening it has been snowing and raining.

CJ
    Last edited by Krenovian; 04-28-2009 at 08:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    The trails down at Dutch Hollow in Midway are in awesome shape. Nice and tacky - didnt head over to the trails on the backside yesterday but they should be in prime shape too

mtbr member
    I'm also wondering about Round Valley. I live right off the rail trail, and me and my wife saw a bunch of people hammering it towards Round Valley. I wasn't sure if they were headed there or Sidewinder/Lost Prospector, though.

Anybody ridden Round Valley yet? It's another sunny day tomorrow, so I guess it *could be* dried out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Its around 70% +/- dry. In some places where trails parallel each other one would be dry and the other not. I Did find dry trails on all aspects. There were sections were I had to walk here and there, but never very far. If a trail looked muddy at an intersection I would just go one of the dry ways and was able to ride a modified Round Valley Loop starting from the Ability Center. If you find an Avid brake pad out their let me know as my rear one fell out somewhere.

mtbr member
    I cant wait for benchcreek to thaw out. I bet much of it is rideable but i am sure some of it is very muddy. I hit up some trails in Oakley yesterday and they were in decent shape with little snow only at the top.

Members who have read this thread: 0