Anyone ride Mill D yet?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539

    Anyone ride Mill D yet?

    NM, saw the Crest post, looks like Mill D is clear.
    Last edited by Err; 07-08-2008 at 03:56 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pop_martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,670
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

  3. #3
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    NM, saw the Crest post, looks like Mill D is clear.
    Given the amount of mud covered bikes I saw at Barbacoa over the weekend, I'd say it's open but muddy.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

  4. #4
    Homer's problem child
    Reputation: Bortis Yelltzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    Given the amount of mud covered bikes I saw at Barbacoa over the weekend, I'd say it's open but muddy.
    Mud is not from Crest to Mill D. Rode it Friday and Saturday. Its actually dusty already and totally dry. The tiny patch of snow that was there Friday was gone Sat.

    uhhhh, wooooooooool, whooops, actually what am I thinking, it's still muddy, best stay off it for another month.

    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

  5. #5
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    Mud is not from Crest to Mill D. Rode it Friday and Saturday. Its actually dusty already and totally dry. The tiny patch of snow that was there Friday was gone Sat.

    uhhhh, wooooooooool, whooops, actually what am I thinking, it's still muddy, best stay off it for another month.

    B
    Ha, nice! I'll be sure to stay far, far away. Not sure where those folks were all coming from then. Maybe Big Water is still a slop fest in the shaded areas. Unfortunately I was unable to investigate myself since we had relatives in town. Will hopefully be checking it out firsthand this weekend unless the urge to go check snow levels in the Uintas is too great.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

  6. #6
    stevelloydphoto.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53
    Err, the trail is dry and dusty!! Supper fast though. Im riding it tonight at 6:00 if you want to go.

  7. #7
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    Road last night, it's down right sandy in spots. Mill D is clear with no unexpected new logs or obstacles. No mud anywhere on the Mill D loop except for on the double track just past the gate where water is still flowing across the road.

    Pedaled the Socom up there last night for a shake-down run. Fun fun fun


  8. #8
    stevelloydphoto.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53
    Bling Bling!!! that is one sweet looking bike. How dose the fork pedal??

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pop_martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by slloyd
    Err, the trail is dry and dusty!! Supper fast though. Im riding it tonight at 6:00 if you want to go.
    Steve, I would go with you tonight, but I can't! I was thinking of doing it all the way down to rattlesnake gulch in millcreek on Saturday, if you would like to join me on that!
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

  10. #10
    Dr. Pepper drinker
    Reputation: catch22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Road last night, it's down right sandy in spots. Mill D is clear with no unexpected new logs or obstacles. No mud anywhere on the Mill D loop except for on the double track just past the gate where water is still flowing across the road.

    Pedaled the Socom up there last night for a shake-down run. Fun fun fun
    Nice ride, just what you needed, you bike whore! Does the Socom render the SS obsolete?

    Have you made any attempts at riding that one trail again since the last effort?
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

  11. #11
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    cath22 - haha, yeah just what I needed. But, no the SS and the Socom as built are very different beasts neither over-lapping the other that much.

    slloyd - The fork is still being broken in at the moment so it's firm under pedaling. I'll add a little low speed compression to my liking once it's loosened up. As for pedaling relative to geometry, it's not too bad. I made all the climbs, including Puke Hill, with no pushing or stopping. The chainstays are long enough that the front end doesn't lift that easy and it's a fairly efficient pedaler for a big bike. But, I won't be making a habit of XC rides on it. I just wanted to ride a trail that would give me an overall feel for how the bike performs.

  12. #12
    stevelloydphoto.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    53
    AHHHHH, I have a Ironhorse sunday with a fox 40 on it and wanted to ride the crest just because, but that thing dose not pedal worth crap on the up hill. So unless i want to push a lot it probably wont happen.

  13. #13
    ride more.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    604

    ...

    T you are a bike whore. But, that thing looks sweet. I have been contemplating dumping the DHR for something along those lines. Next time we get together (which will not be Saturday, unfortunately - see below), I want to take a gander at that thing.

    As for Sat, I will not be digging. Instead, I will be in depositions in Vegas for 6 hours. I am contemplating Bootleg, but it is bloody hot down there right now...

  14. #14
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    T you are a bike whore. But, that thing looks sweet. I have been contemplating dumping the DHR for something along those lines. Next time we get together (which will not be Saturday, unfortunately - see below), I want to take a gander at that thing.

    As for Sat, I will not be digging. Instead, I will be in depositions in Vegas for 6 hours. I am contemplating Bootleg, but it is bloody hot down there right now...

    Yeah, I have issues

    You're more than welcome to swing a leg over it any time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.