Anyone recognize these trails near SLC?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Anyone recognize these trails near SLC?

For the locals, I just found this video on Pinkbike. Apparently it's near SLC. You can see the city in the background. Does anyone recognize it? Where is it? What is it called? I'm headed to PC in a month and might want to check it out as it looks way more technical than anything I've seen in the PC area. Thanks!

Cody Kelly Burning Trail

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I think that's Bountiful B

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks. Any idea the name of the trail system? Location of trail head etc?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

mtbr member
    Wow. It's quite evident from watching this video that:

a) Some people have waaaaaaay more skills than me.
    b) I want to ride this trail. (Why have I never heard of it before?)
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    jOhn, have you done Fat Lip, Black Forest, and Empire? Most folks only know the stuff down near Mid Mountain.......

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the info. I definitely agree there are people with way more skill than I'll ever have.

UtahJohn - I have not ridden any of those trails. I've only been mountain biking in PC once, for a week, and did a bunch of XC stuff. I rode mid-mountain, tour de suds, the Wasatch Crest, and went over to Flying Dog. I will look those other trails up on a trail map. I assume they're a bit more difficult than the ones I mentioned?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Explore stuff in upper Deer Valley, and Upper Park City, the stuff above Mid Mountain. Very good riding up there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Wow. It's quite evident from watching this video that:

a) Some people have waaaaaaay more skills than me.
    b) I want to ride this trail. (Why have I never heard of it before?)
    Not sure, but I don't think its a 'sanctioned' trail. Ie, not illegal or blocked off, but not on trail maps, either.

I also want to ride it, albeit at a more reasonable pace, perhaps! Looks fun.
    '19 Ibis Ripmo
    '13 Felt Z4

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    It's B line. Very popular freeride line in bountiful. By the way, he is making that trail look playful - that is far from the reality of this trail! It's steep and loose and super rutted most of the time. The trail definitely calls for 4 piston brakes and all but the most experienced riders (like Cody) should probably only ride it on dh/fr bikes with dual crown forks... Unless you are on top of your game, this trail is less than ideal for the modern 6" all-mountain bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the info. I knew he was making it look easy, but if you say mere mortals could not even handle it on a 6" AM bike, then maybe it's not for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    Thanks for the info. I knew he was making it look easy, but if you say mere mortals could not even handle it on a 6" AM bike, then maybe it's not for me.
    It's heavy... it doesn't look steep in that video - it is. That being said, you could take it slow and check it out, just know that you are going to put some real ware on your brake pads and plan on stopping for 5-10 minute breaks several times on the way down to let your brakes cool down.

None of the features are mandatory... But its the furthest thing from a bike park quality well-buffed trail and its all fall line. I ride pretty aggressively on my 6" bike and I felt very under gunned when I rode this trail last fall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SB666 View Post
    It's heavy... it doesn't look steep in that video - it is. That being said, you could take it slow and check it out, just know that you are going to put some real ware on your brake pads and plan on stopping for 5-10 minute breaks several times on the way down to let your brakes cool down.

None of the features are mandatory... But its the furthest thing from a bike park quality well-buffed trail and its all fall line. I ride pretty aggressively on my 6" bike and I felt very under gunned when I rode this trail last fall.
    Thanks for beta. I'll consider myself warned, but I still want to check it out some time.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com