Anyone near SLC have a Vassago?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Anyone near SLC have a Vassago?

I'm looking for a kind soul who has a Vassago frame (any model but the Fisticuff) in a medium or large that I could throw a leg over to see how the fit/ride is. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one, but can't find any to demo.

Repayment for a brief ride (trail would be nice, but street is OK too) would include a hearty handshake, good karma, and perhaps a pint or two of solid homebrew (choices include ESB, oatmeal stout, and belgian strong right now ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your Best Friend
    A guy with the username of Cobes on the utahmountainbiking.com forum may still have his bandersnatch. I know it was for sale but who knows. Try to find him there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    This guy has one. I don't know him but read his blog every now and again from his link on Fatty's website. I think he even races for them. Draper area.

http://bradkeyes.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    And after reading his latest post he has left Utah today. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ubernerd
    I'm looking for a kind soul who has a Vassago frame (any model but the Fisticuff) in a medium or large that I could throw a leg over to see how the fit/ride is. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one, but can't find any to demo.

Repayment for a brief ride (trail would be nice, but street is OK too) would include a hearty handshake, good karma, and perhaps a pint or two of solid homebrew (choices include ESB, oatmeal stout, and belgian strong right now ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sold my Bandersnatch a couple months back after being 86'd from the Wasatch 29'er Trails Committee. Long story short, we had a disagreement regarding the utility of berms .

Anyhoo...

Decent frame considering its price and unique (for a twentymcniner hardtail) angles. It's steel, so you're going to have to spend some $$$ to get it down to the weights of its carbon and scandium brothers, geared or otherwise. With a modest mix of XO/XT components and the added heft of a Gravity Dropper, my LG came in around 27-28lbs. depending on how I had it set up at any given moment.

The LG fit very close to a Niner Air 9 LG, but with a bit less standover. Having ridden/owned both, the Vassago was noticeably less twitchy and a bit more stable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Thanks, but no luck so far...

Thanks for the info (and especially the comparison to the Niner, slcrockymountainride). Still looking though.... Anyone? Anyone? I'm beginning to think these things are an urban legend.

Waiting for Godot
    i got a 16" for sale in slc. cobes has a 18"

https://oilcanracer.blogspot.com/201...-16-frame.html

Out riding, leave a message

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    [QUOTE=OilcanRacer]i got a 16" for sale in slc. cobes has a 18"

Thanks, but I'm either a medium or a large. I'd dwarf a 16". I think I'm set to ride with Cobes this week, so I'll see how the 18" fits, I guess. Thanks all for the info/help!

And people say the Utah forum on MTBR is a useless waste of time.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I've also got an 18" Jabber if you need a test ride.
    Last edited by 2:01; 07-03-2010 at 09:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm all good now. Cobes was very generous and let me ride his for a morning group ride. Mine is in the mail as we speak!

Thanks all for the help.;

Narfler of the Garthok
    Glad you liked it enough to buy it despite the clogged valve and the not-so-single-speed friendly trail.

Btw, the beer was awesome. We should talk about homebrew sometime.
    wat

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    No worries on the valve. Sh*t happens. It was better than my tubeless experience on Tuesday where my entire front tire blew *off* the rim midway up the city creek climb. Heck the trail didn't seem so bad. My "normal" riding partner likes to do things like drag me up the shadow lake trail, so Solitude was quite reasonable in comparison!

Thanks for the compliment on the beer. I'll *always* talk homebrew! Are you a fellow brewer, by chance, or just a discerning consumer?

Members who have read this thread: 0