Anyone missing a Canfield One?- Mtbr.com
    Takin'er easy

Anyone missing a Canfield One?

A friend of ours saw this bike at Jumpin' Jack's Pawn Shoppe on 4500 South and State.
    Last edited by Joss DeWaele; 08-04-2010 at 09:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I just bought this. I was about to post a thread asking the same question. I was hoping that the real owner would be able to give a detailed description so I could determine the validity of their claim, but with a picture, well...

Anyways, if this bike does belong to anyone, just reply here and we'll talk about meeting up to get you your bike back.

But you'll have to convince me it is yours of course.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Joss,
    Why don't you pull the picture to make it easier for the guy that bought the bike to determine if someone is the rightful owner?

mtbr member
    ^Agreed, he posted it over on TGR as well hoping someone will have a description. Good man.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Your Best Friend
    I applaud your efforts but why is it assumed that the bike is stolen? The economy sucks right now and a pawn shop is a very quick way to get needed cash. Maybe the bike is just a casualty of someone needing money.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I just heard a few days ago about a missing Canfield, I will try to remember who I was talking to.

Takin'er easy
    Jesus! Sorry.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Request

Quote Originally Posted by Joss DeWaele
    Jesus! Sorry.
    Instead of a photo of the bike in question, could you post up a photo of yourself bleeding a 6 year old pair of Hayes HFX-9's off some kid's clapped out freeride bike with the original rotors?

I think that would be a nice alternative.

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I just heard a few days ago about a missing Canfield, I will try to remember who I was talking to.
    I thought I actually read it on emtybeer....stolen out of their garage or something....I guess that would be a reason to assume it might be stolen, even with the "economy and all".

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Some guy is claiming on tgr that it is his.The description he gives is just stuff he could have seen in the pic that was posted here, so I asked him to give a more detailed description and the cops he talked to about it being stolen. We'll see how that plays out. He could be legit, but I'm just making sure.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jjslc
    Some guy is claiming on tgr that it is his.The description he gives is just stuff he could have seen in the pic that was posted here, so I asked him to give a more detailed description and the cops he talked to about it being stolen. We'll see how that plays out. He could be legit, but I'm just making sure.
    Um, yeah, Serial Number would be the first qualifier....

scars > tattoos
    Yes, I think I know exactly who this belongs to!!!!! I'm PMing the new owner now. Hoy **** is he going to be glad if this is his!

edit: might be who you're already talking to on TGR, but i gave a description in the PM and this is the first i've seen of the thread, so i didn't even read far enough down to know there used to be a photo up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Um, yeah, Serial Number would be the first qualifier....
    Thanks, never would have thought of that. Obviously he didn't have it. I spoke to the manufacturer (Chris Canfield) who told me that he has only sold about 6 Ones in the valley, and he personally knows everyone who has bought one, so he was certain that it was this guys. So I returned it to him.

mtbr member
    Happy ending! Mad props, jjslc.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Did you get your $ back?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    FYI...my insurance company requested a full detailed list of my bike including serial #'s. I have an electronic copy just in case my bike ever gets stolen. I recommend everyone go out to your bike and do this!

Glad to hear there are some good people left in this world!
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

Members who have read this thread: 0