Any local skills classes (UT or SLC County)- Mtbr.com
    Silence! I kill you!

Any local skills classes (UT or SLC County)

I'm getting back into riding now that I've moved here to UT. I've decided I want to actually learn the correct way to do things, and I'd like to get more comfortable/better and hitting drops/jumps on the trail as well as pulling a manual. I can do a few of the drops at the bike park in Eagle Mountain, but I'm still not quite ready yet to hit the bigger stuff yet.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

Clyde
    There is a SLC meet up group that does skills and beginning rides. Nice people. Also Scheels in Sandy does rides in Draper. Bike peddler in AF does rides in Alpine and AF canyon but are faster riding group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

Silence! I kill you!
    Coolness. I'll have to check it out. I'm planning on hitting the Draper trails on Saturday. I'll be playing around on the jumps & hitting the trails as well.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Check the group Mountain Bike Enthusiasts of Utah on Facebook. They do group rides and meet ups, most recently at Ogden Bike Park

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgemonkey View Post
    I'm getting back into riding now that I've moved here to UT. I've decided I want to actually learn the correct way to do things, and I'd like to get more comfortable/better and hitting drops/jumps on the trail as well as pulling a manual. I can do a few of the drops at the bike park in Eagle Mountain, but I'm still not quite ready yet to hit the bigger stuff yet.
    I don't know if group rides are likely to be that helpful. Really good riders often don't understand what they are doing and may not be able to describe it. Worse, they may say something different than they are actually doing. The Wasatch indoor bike park is doing some skills training. There are a few good coaching groups that will come through the area and do 1,2,3 day clinics.

PM me if you want to try to get together and ride. I have several years coaching experience.

Cheers

P.S. manuals are pushed not pulled

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I'll be coming to Utah around the first of May for the whole month. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys to ride. I am in the US Air Force stationed in South Korea. How good is the Eagle Mountain Bike Park? I have been riding for about a year now and I am warming myself up to jumps and drops.

Are there any good shuttle rides to take?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pastoli View Post
    I'll be coming to Utah around the first of May for the whole month. I wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys to ride. I am in the US Air Force stationed in South Korea. How good is the Eagle Mountain Bike Park? I have been riding for about a year now and I am warming myself up to jumps and drops.

Are there any good shuttle rides to take?

Thanks.
    Are you going to be at Hill AFB?

Eagle Mountain bike park is okay for what it is and a great place to advance you riding skills from beginner to intermediate. There is only one jump line but it isn't a bad run, the rest of the trail network isn't vast but it is fun and fairly diverse. If you are going to be at Hill it will be about an hour drive.

Ogden Bike Park is better IMO if you are looking for someplace to improve you skill level on jumps and drops. There are several jump lines and there is a very healthy trail network in the immediate area. It is located about 30 minutes from Hill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I actually grew up in SLC/South Jordan area. I am hoping to go to Hill after here, I should know around the first week of May.

Sweet, I appreciate the info on the parks. I will check both of them out. I'll be hitting up Corner Canyon in Draper while my wife is at work. I am hoping to do some shuttle rides while I am home.

Silence! I kill you!
    Corner Canyon isn't much in the way of shuttling. The trails are short loops, but you can do 3-4 loops easy depending what route you take. Corner Canyon is great, one of my favs I've found out here.
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography