Any interest in a women's MTB evening ride for Nov?- Mtbr.com
    Bored Carp

Any interest in a women's MTB evening ride for Nov?

I need a bit of motivation to get the hours in on my bike during the last month of autumn. Anyone interested in doing 4 women's afternoon/evening MTB rides on Tuesday nights for the month of November?

We could start at 4pm and get about 2 hours in before sunset. Or, we could start at 5pm and would have to bring lights. Should probably bring lights anyway, JIC.

Pace would be endurance/recovery, enough to keep us warm in the cold. In order to keep the ride moving (again, so we stay warm) we would run it like the Sugar rides in Park City and use the "no-drop/tag-stop" method, and we would always do an out-and-back, so that slower riders will know when to turn around.

Ride would start at the Zoo end of the Shoreline trail, beginning next Tuesday, post or PM if you are interested, and what time you would prefer.

Cheers,
    Carla
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

They used to do a womens ride out of Cyclesmith.

A girl named Katie that worked at the shop was leading a womens ride. I don't know if they are still doing it but you could call them and ask.

www.cyclesmithslc.com
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Wish I could, but I've got commitments through the end of Nov on Tuesday nights.

Just got back from a weekend in Fruita where we did some night riding - reminds me that I need to do more night riding around here - especially while it's not super cold out.

Have fun!

Bored Carp
    Not super interested in an unstructured ride lead by a shop. Thanks, though.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    I would be totally interested in this once I get a light. And I am getting a light for next fall after experiencing how much fun it was this last weekend. Maybe next year...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Fine

Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    Not super interested in an unstructured ride lead by a shop. Thanks, though.
    Your not invited and you further the stereotype that women that are athletitc are bitc**s or lesbians.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Bored Carp
    Um, that is awful.

mtbr member
    I don't have any lights yet either. It's on the list of things to buy but won't happen immediately...

Members who have read this thread: 0