Any decent SLC trails open?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Any decent SLC trails open?

Heya! Im lookin to go for a ride this weekend and am wondering if anyone as been out to any trails that arent complete mud bogs. Thanks for the input!!

Brendan

Bend, OR
    weather and trail conditions are pretty miserable right now. Pretty much everything is mud.
    I'm sure you could ride BST or pipeline, just depends how dirty you want to get. I haven't been on a real mtb ride in months.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    No doubt. For a decent ride i had to go down to St. George. It was off the hook btw. Temps were great. I was hoping that since it was relatively warm that something this weekend might be rideable, BUT after todays crummy weather, that looks like a negative. I guess some urban downhill is going to be advisable.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Try early morning if that's possible for you. Things are still frozen. Also, Corner Canyon is usually fair -- lots of sand/gravel trail surfaces.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Corner Canyon

I ran corner cyn 2 days ago. Started at the equestrian center, along the singletrack by the stream to the road then south to the new trail along the south rim up to the upper road at the top. The lower part was all dry and good. The new trail was good for 2/3 but then would be a bit sketchy riding--mix of soft/hard snow and some mud. The BST taking off to the north from the open area down below looked really good and I bet is mostly ridable up to the road and probably north past the road--although may be a bit sloppy w/ the weather today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Very cool. Ive never ridden corner canyon. Its in draper correct? Whats the best way to get there?

Members who have read this thread: 0