Any 4x or Dual Slalom Races in Utah?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Any 4x or Dual Slalom Races in Utah?

Hey so I have checked the main places that I know to check and have not found any 4x or DS races in Utah? Does anyone know why there wouldn't be or if there are any that I am missing? Thanks for your help in advance.

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianRepresentative
    Hey so I have checked the main places that I know to check and have not found any 4x or DS races in Utah? Does anyone know why there wouldn't be or if there are any that I am missing? Thanks for your help in advance.
    deer valley has one every year. its not part of the utah DH series though. I think it might be some national race. Anyone can enter though.

There is usually a 4x race at the canyons too. Its sponsored by jeep i think. I believe its just for pro's though and invitation only.

thats the only two i know about and who knows if they will happen this year.

DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba
    deer valley has one every year. its not part of the utah DH series though. I think it might be some national race. Anyone can enter though.

There is usually a 4x race at the canyons too. Its sponsored by jeep i think. I believe its just for pro's though and invitation only.

thats the only two i know about and who knows if they will happen this year.
    They won't. The Jeep (pro, invite-only) KOM series didn't return after its initial run at the Canyons (the year Tara Llanes was paralyzed in the CO finale to the series...2007, I believe). You could ride the Canyons KOM dual course up until last year, when the resort leveled it.

DV hasn't had dual/4x since the old NCS series, if memory serves (which it may not, so please correct me if I'm mistaken). With the local DH series not even planning on a DV race this year, I highly doubt there wold be any other event likely to prompt the resort to build a course.

Check the Mountain States Cup and Pro GRT series' for potential venues.

Good luck!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    SprungShoulders got it right I think. I never raced the NORBA DS courses at Deer Valley but rode them afterwards just playing around. The last one (2008) wasn't anything to write home about-super short and the surrounding trails were more exciting to climb on.

I would bug Wolf Creek Resort and ask them to please reopen their DS course. Seemed like it was open one summer and they actually had a local series and then the next season that entire side of the resort was closed to mountain bikers. Along with the DS course there was a fairly decent jump park that was geared more for big hit mountain bikes than anything.

The Wolf Creek DS course was long, flowy and just a blast to ride and even had a fun/small wall hit. Not certain the reasons for shutting all of it down other than maybe lack of interest/customers/liability.

Members who have read this thread: 0