Antennas Road to Rudy's Flat- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Antennas Road to Rudy's Flat

Has anyone out there ridden from the top of the antennas road out to Rudy's Flat (as in Mueller Park Trail) via the NW City Creek Canyon ridgeline? If so, what is the route like? How much is rideable vs. hike-a-bike? Is the route easy to follow? Is this ride worth doing? I've always liked adventure rides, and this one has been tempting me for a long time. Thanks!

Brass Nipples!

Old info, but no one else's answering, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris C.
    Has anyone out there ridden from the top of the antennas road out to Rudy's Flat (as in Mueller Park Trail) via the NW City Creek Canyon ridgeline? If so, what is the route like? How much is rideable vs. hike-a-bike? Is the route easy to follow? Is this ride worth doing? I've always liked adventure rides, and this one has been tempting me for a long time. Thanks!
    I'm 25 years out of date, but I tried to hike that ridge a long time ago and the bushes were about waist high, thick and jutting out about 45 degrees from the ground so you had to bend them back, up and over to make any progress. It was awful to hike through. There wasn't a trail that I ever found back then, but things might be different now. It sure would be an adventure. If you decide to give it a try, post your results.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member

Don't even go there.......

I made that mistake about 3 years ago.I hooked up with four other guys who were also trying it for the first time and it turned out to be a hike-a-bike bushwhack from hell. It could be described as a 4-wheel drive road that is mainly loose sand and riddled with baby heads. I'll have to go look, but I think I actually posted pics and a story on the old passion forum. We all ran out of water and were saved by these dudes in a Cherokee that had just gotten off work from their construction job and just happened to have a big Coleman cooler of icewater in the back. No ****. It was totally surreal. Saved our butts too. I'll have to see if I can dig up the post. Anyway I don't have many fond memories of that day.
    good luck if you decide to go for it, Scooter

Jun 2004
    I rode/hiked this last fall. The jeep road to the Dude is OK, only a couple of pushes up steep loose road. Then there is a faint trail that disappears and reappears. Some bushwhacking too, in all about 1 mile of hiking to hit the North Canyon trail that leads to Rudy's Flat. I was getting late at that point so I dropped down the trail to City Creek, which is overgrown but mostly rideable downhill (would not ride it uphill, though).
    It was fun to explore the area though I won't do this again. Take a light hardtail if you do it since you'll carry it a lot ;-)
    A better option is to ride from the Antennas towards under the Dude (again, some pushes up the loose steep 4wd road) and where the road turns east towards the Dude, go west and then drop down to North Canyon on an ATV track, which spits you out about 1/4 mile below the North Canyon singletrack, which you can then ride up to Muller Park. I am planning to do this sometime this fall if I get time and persuade Stokey that the babyheads are not too bad ;-)
    MC
    MC