Aerial footage mix (vid) - St. George Trip 2014- Mtbr.com
    It's a slugfest!

Aerial footage mix (vid) - St. George Trip 2014

Several friends from the office embarked on our yearly spring St. George trip. Weather was awesome and we had a blast as always. On this year's menu was Barrels, Zen, JEM, Grafton, and Paradise. I rendered a video from some of the footage from our Gopros. Aerial was shot with a DJI Phantom and all LOS (next trip will bring the Fatshark goggles and get some better FPV footage.) Thought I would post the video here, in case anyone was bored and wanted to click in on something.

Regards,

-SS

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/91816125" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/91816125">St George 2014</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/steveconnolly">Steve Connolly</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nice video. What was the trail that was riding near the water at 2:00, and what is the trail at the very end? I haven't ridden St. George for 7 years, and need to get down there again. Thanks for the stoke and the copter shots were awesome.

mtbr member
    awesome shots. what does a copter setup like that cost? super cool!
    count your blessings

It's a slugfest!
    @BullSCit - The trail at the 2:00 min mark is the end of JEM Trail (or beginning of Hurricane Rim loop). It's one of those trails that you have to at least ride once if you visit the area. Not technical at all, but riding that cliff really gives it some "pucker factor." The area at the end is called "Grafton Mesa". One of our group favorites.

@wzzer16 - Thanks. This was shot with the DJI Phantom1, which has come down in price now that the Phantom2 is out. We have both a Phantom1 and Phantom2. You can pick a Phantom2 up for a little under $1000, (including a Zenmuse H3.D2 gimbal to smooth the footage) plus you will need a couple of extra batteries, charger, case…) now you're looking at about $1500 + Gopro camera cost. Then you will want to set it up FPV (transmits what the Gopro is filming to a receiver which displays the image in a set of Fatshark Goggles…this will set you back about another $500 or so). Sure is fun, and a great way to capture some awesome mountain bike areas.
    "I've got nothing to hoard...."