Advise Please- Mtbr.com

Thread: Advise Please

mtbr member

Advise Please

me and a friend are coming over for a holiday,from the UK .2 questions 1.. is it better to use a tour company i.e guided rides,accommodation,some meals,pick up and drop off to airport....[we pay big bucks for this 1500 US + flights ]or 2..get flight and car + hotel and do it ourselves,are the trails easy to find ect ...thanks Brett

mtbr member
    Just hire a car and go (a suv would be best so you can throw your bikes in the back easily, and also get to drive some of the unpaved byways like the drive up the old potash road to dead horse state park in moab) , you can buy stacks of good guide books with all the routes listed just have a look on amazon

Only thing to watch out for is when major events are on in certain locations, when the accomodation sells out

i.e. I'm in Moab for 2 days at the end of this month and only found one hotel in Moab with a room left at a crazy price !!

Check out my web site - i've written up two holidays 1 to arizona i did solo and another to california with my SO, and i'll be writting up my Colorado, Utah, Arizona trip starting from the end of this month as I go.. http://www.mtb-hol.com

mtbr member
    Thanks zinger for the info,i thought that would be the best way to go...nice web site as well...

Members who have read this thread: 0