Advice?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Advice?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Advice?

I'm headed to southern Utah next week for a little biking and camping. Planning on doing Gooseberry Mesa the first day or so but have 2 more days to kill before going to Brianhead. Just wondering if there are any other must ride trails in the area? I'll probably be in Zion's for just a bit and was wondering are there any trails in Zion's that are worth riding? I keep seeing that there is a free shuttle in the park that is equipped with bike racks. I know it's probably not intended for shuttling but was wondering if there's anything you could? Oh, my wife is a XC rider and I do mostly Freeride but am willing to pedal or push if the rewards are worth it. Any help would be great.

Fartographer
    There's no real mountain biking in national parks. You can pedal around on the roads and bike paths if you want. But don't be expecting any real riding. You should definitely check out Zion while you're in the area, though. It's one of my favorite places on the planet - even if there is no mountain biking in the park.

As far as other rides go, there's plenty. I really dig JEM Trail. You can shuttle it, but I like it best as a big loop. Give the Over The Edge folks in Hurricane a visit and they'll help you find some more riding. There's no shortage and you'll have no problem killing two extra days.
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

should know better.....
    "Guacamole" is very close to Zion, and doable by both of you. Plenty of play options, and cool riding for the wife, plus great scenery, and tons of petrified wood laying all over the trail. Very cool to see. There are even cairns made of the stuff.
    "Always Ride."

-Anthony S.

Members who have read this thread: 0