Which 650b Michelin AirComp Ultralight Presta Valve Tubes for the Humdinger?- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Which 650b Michelin AirComp Ultralight Presta Valve Tubes for the Humdinger?

Our group ran into a pretty sketchy situation last night where one member of our group flatted a superior rolling resistance size tire.
    I came upon said rider as he was nursing his bike over onto the shoulder and popping the trunk to get his tire iron and jack out. Hesitating briefly, I realized I was only carrying a day old slice of pizza wrapped in tin foil and a vastly inferior 26" tube. So I mumbled something incoherantly and sluffed off ahead in ignorance.

The problem I'm running into is that my 30 cubic inch Hello Kitty hydration pack (Mega 16oz) can only hold one slice of pizza (folded thrice and pressed flat), 3 Tic Tacs, one spare tube, broken blade off a Swiss Army knife (it's ultra thin and used as a makeshift tire lever/widdler/shiv) and a mini-pump.

So rather than being completely helpless and only carrying a vastly inferior 26" tube and forcing those who prefer larger tubes to stretch and tug and yank and jerk repeatedly to get it to fit in, I thought I'd split the difference and start carrying 650b tubes.

So...my questions is specifically which 650b Michelin AirComp Ultralight Presta Valve tube is best for this application?

Also, since I'll only be carrying a 650b tube and not running that size wheel on my bike, do I still need to grow a neck beard and only wear earth tones?

'It's not the pack that makes the man.'
    ~Chuck Liddell
    Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champ
    Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 07-28-2010 at 03:02 PM.

mtbr member

I think this is what you are looking for. If I am not mistaken, judging from the "best of" tag, it is a one size fits all tube. Very affordable too. Only $1.65 if you are down with used tubes, but as always shipping from amazon is another $2.99 so stock up while there are still 32 available.

The following list must be the model names of the tubes, I don't know. I just saw it below the picture and thought it might make sense to some more experienced riders.

She's A Beauty
    Tip Of My Tongue
    Talk To Ya Later
    Sushi Girl
    Don't Want To Wait Anymore
    Bora Bora 2000/Love Bomb
    No Not Again
    The Monkey Time
    Sports Fans
    Comes As You Are
    Piece By Piece
    Attack Of The Fifty Foot Woman
    When You're Ready To Come
    Keyboard Kids

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    If you ever rejoin our little group again, I fully expect this to be playing at 11 from your truck as inspiration.

Excellent find.

Quote Originally Posted by neongreen

I think this is what you are looking for. If I am not mistaken, judging from the "best of" tag, it is a one size fits all tube. Very affordable too. Only $1.65 if you are down with used tubes, but as always shipping from amazon is another $2.99 so stock up while there are still 32 available.

The following list must be the model names of the tubes, I don't know. I just saw it below the picture and thought it might make sense to some more experienced riders.

She's A Beauty
    Tip Of My Tongue
    Talk To Ya Later
    Sushi Girl
    Don't Want To Wait Anymore
    Bora Bora 2000/Love Bomb
    No Not Again
    The Monkey Time
    Sports Fans
    Comes As You Are
    Piece By Piece
    Attack Of The Fifty Foot Woman
    When You're Ready To Come
    Keyboard Kids

mtbr member
    I hope to. Next tuesday a friend of mine is getting married but I'm tempted to just say "Screw you guys, I'm going biking".

Members who have read this thread: 0