2nd Day what to ride?- Mtbr.com
    banned

2nd Day what to ride?

The first day we are riding Porc. rim and the Slickrock trail what should we do day 2???

1. Amasa back - Jackson hole area
    2.Prostitute Butt area
    3.Tusher Canyon area

Of which 3 would a local yokel choose?

Ride and Smile
    Amasa back-rock stacker-jackson is lots of fun

banned
    Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I don't miss any of the " must" do trails.

mtbr member
    I would put Amasa Back in the must do column.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

biking is fun
    amasa back is awesome!! lots of fun stuff.

also check out bartlett wash. it is a slick rock playground.

Ride and Smile

Enchilada is Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    The first day we are riding Porc. rim and the Slickrock trail what should we do day 2???

1. Amasa back - Jackson hole area
    2.Prostitute Butt area
    3.Tusher Canyon area

Of which 3 would a local yokel choose?
    Actually,
    I would rethink day one and see if you are up to the Whole Enchilada. It is a physically demanding trail taking anywhere from 3-9+ hours. Call Kyle at ACME or Brian at PS and catch a shuttle and ride by far one of the very best rides in Moab!

NOT Team Sanchez
    Hey! You stole CGR's avatar!
    I like bikes.

frejwilk
    A couple of things that would help those recommending trails: When will you be in Moab? Do you only have two days? Has anyone in your group been to Moab before? What's everyone's riding experience?

It's an interesting choice of rides you brought up (choices 1-3 in the original post). That sounds like top Moab recommendations circa '95. Do you have a guidebook or other info? If so, you may want to consider something more up to date. Latitude 40 brand maps, and Rider Mel's guidebook are popular choices.

FW

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Good job! Amasa Back

Amasa Back!

banned

Spill it

Quote Originally Posted by frejwilk
    A couple of things that would help those recommending trails: When will you be in Moab? Do you only have two days? Has anyone in your group been to Moab before? What's everyone's riding experience?

It's an interesting choice of rides you brought up (choices 1-3 in the original post). That sounds like top Moab recommendations circa '95. Do you have a guidebook or other info? If so, you may want to consider something more up to date. Latitude 40 brand maps, and Rider Mel's guidebook are popular choices.

FW
    I do have a lat 40 map but a old guide book. Do you have a better up to date trail to ride my second day, I don't want to get back and someone say( Did you ride so-in-so trail) I will be in Moab Sept. 28&29th. No one in my group has been there before and as far as riding experience, we all are intermediate to advanced, we all have raced in several 12hour - 50 miler - and one 36 hour race just this year so our stamina is top notch and some of our skill levels are very good.We are gonna be out west for 2 weeks and we have all been training for this trip.Here's a local race on our home turf coming up in October http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/stage/main.html We ride these trails weekly.Hope this info helps.

Ride and Smile

TWE is it

I do have a lat 40 map but a old guide book. Do you have a better up to date trail to ride my second day, I don't want to get back and someone say( Did you ride so-in-so trail) I will be in Moab Sept. 28&29th. No one in my group has been there before and as far as riding experience, we all are intermediate to advanced, we all have raced in several 12hour - 50 miler - and one 36 hour race just this year so our stamina is top notch and some of our skill levels are very good.We are gonna be out west for 2 weeks and we have all been training for this trip.Here's a local race on our home turf coming up in October http://www.blueridgeadventures.net/stage/main.html We ride these trails weekly.Hope this info helps.
    Definitely gotta do the Whole enchilada. Catch an early shuttle and ride Burro to Hazzard to Kokopeli to Upper Porcupine Single track to Lower Porcupine single track and then hit Porcupine. The ride is close to 30 miles. It has over 8K of descent with about 1k-1.5k of climbing and rides all kinds of beauty and fun.
    MUST DO, MUST DO, MUST DO! The ride is awesome with 6" bikes and lots of folks ride their xc bikes and do just fine. If you have at least an AM bike ride that. If you ride only Porcupine you are going to miss out on so much of truly epic ride. Kyle at ACME can hook you up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For trail guides I'd check out utahmountainbiking.com, has good trail information.

frejwilk
    There's nothing to 'spill' really. If you've never been to Moab and only have two days you should ride the most popular trails. In late September, that Whole Enchilada route should be first on your list.

Personally, I think your group should ride the Slickrock trail. It sounds like you'll want more riding than that though. I'd suggest Slickrock in the morning on your second day. Sovereign trail in the afternoon seems like a good fit for your group. It's a trail system, so you could make it longer or shorter depending on how everyone feels.

You'll have people tell you that you missed so and so trail in Moab no matter what you ride. Have fun,

FW

banned
    We have got to be in Grand Junction,CO. Wednesday morning to drop off a member of our group at the airport..............but we may come back.
    I really do appreciate all the info.Thanks

mtbr member
    axolotl has it right.

Day One: The Whole Enchilada (Hands down one of the best rides ever).

Day Two: Amasa/Rock Stacker/Jacksons in the AM.... Blue Dot to Portal in the PM.

Best three charted trails in Moab imho.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    There are some real good trails in Grand Junction if you have time while you are there.

banned

Blue Dot???

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    axolotl has it right.

Day One: The Whole Enchilada (Hands down one of the best rides ever).

Day Two: Amasa/Rock Stacker/Jacksons in the AM.... Blue Dot to Portal in the PM.

Best three charted trails in Moab imho.
    Where's Blue dot?

mtbr member
    Where's Blue dot?
    It's the Gold Bar Rim singletrack marked by blue slashes. I'll send you a pm with the beta.

And like Supersize said, if you get a chance to ride in GJ, take it. The Lunch Loops stuff taking off from the Tabauache trailhead near the Colorado National Monument is stellar.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Ride and Smile
    Blue dot - Portal MMmmmmm.

Members who have read this thread: 0