22nd St/Shoreline trail in Ogden???- Mtbr.com

Oct 2003

22nd St/Shoreline trail in Ogden???

I've heard about this trail, and seen pics of it on the forum, and it looks really fun. But when I went to the trail reviews it seemed like it was a pure XC Epic trail. I'm mostly into Freeriding and stuff. So that threw me off a bit.
    Can someone tell me about the trail. The freeride, DH stuff? What it's like? Is there a certain trail I have to take when I get to the top of 22nd street?

Thanks

The Sentinel

No freeriding...sorry

The Shoreline trail is a XC trail with lots and lots of people (cyclists and hikers/joggers) on it. There are a few dirt jumps right at the first, above the trailhead, but they are off trail, and occasionally get closed because of illegal construction and chemical experimentation by unauthorized personnel ( ). The trail itself is smooth and not too steep...I wouldn't even call it epic! I usually start at the 22nd St. trailhead and ride an out and back to Beus Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spjute
    I've heard about this trail, and seen pics of it on the forum, and it looks really fun. But when I went to the trail reviews it seemed like it was a pure XC Epic trail. I'm mostly into Freeriding and stuff. So that threw me off a bit.
    Can someone tell me about the trail. The freeride, DH stuff? What it's like? Is there a certain trail I have to take when I get to the top of 22nd street?

Thanks
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Apr 2005
    They Shoreline trail is way to crowded for any downhilling. It is a great x country trail. You can find lots of jumps and techinical obsticals without looking to hard. Start at Rainbow trailhead and you can get a little speed going back down in some of the open sections though.