2010 Fears, Tears, and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2010 Fears, Tears, and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro.

Scheduled for June 12th in Ely, Nevada.

This is a fun race format and really has something for everyone. Climb at you own pace and bomb the timed (mostly) downhill sections. Fun Run (12miles), Beginner (17miles), Sport (24 miles) and Expert (34 miles) classes. All proceeds go to the Great Basin Trails Alliance a non-profit organization committed to increasing the miles of singletrack in eastern Nevada.

Here's a link to our webpage:Great Basin Trails Alliance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Fears, Tears, and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro.-ftb-2009-5-big.jpg  

Last edited by KRob; 06-01-2010 at 11:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Is any from the SLC area going to this race? I'd like to go and may have room in the Go-ride van. If my wife and kid come then it might be a family trip instead.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

I'd rather be biking...
    Lame. I'd be there but i gotta a family trip in Yosemite this year at the same time. too bad it's not on the 10th or id make a slight detour on the way

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Scott did you decide you're going for sure? If so I'm probably in... just hoping my knee holds up for that much pedaling!

mtbr member
    Cool! Glad to see a few Utah peeps are heading over. Should be a ton of fun.

Looking forward to meeting you.

1/4 semi-pro
    this race sounds much more fun than that humdinger thing. i'm covering for my sistir at snelgroves next weekend or else i would race it too. i collect number plates from the races that i started getting back to in 2008. i know i wouldn't win if scott was racing it but i would not mind having a number plat from it. good luck and i hope you win!
    not anti-bobsled

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    So the question Krob is which mtb celebrity(s) is going to grace your event this year?

And I'm not refering to Scott @Go-Ride even though he's gotten a lot of air time on some of the more seedy mountain bike websites lately.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    So the question Krob is which mtb celebrity(s) is going to grace your event this year?

And I'm not refering to Scott @Go-Ride even though he's gotten a lot of air time on some of the more seedy mountain bike websites lately.
    I heard John Tomac, Greg Herbold, Ned Overend, Tinker Juarez, and Allison Dunlap would all be coming out as a warm up for the Humdinger. It's part of the 80's legends tour. Prolly get Motley Crue and Metallica too. It's a totally head banger affair.

('Course my sources may be wrong)

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    I heard John Tomac, Greg Herbold, Ned Overend, Tinker Juarez, and Allison Dunlap would all be coming out as a warm up for the Humdinger. It's part of the 80's legends tour. Prolly get Motley Crue and Metallica too. It's a totally head banger affair.
    That's pretty sweet. I'm assuming that due to the caliper of this event and it's celebrity you're getting the original Metallica line up with Cliff Burton on bass? Way to pull that one off!

Keep an eye on Scott @Go-Ride though. He thinks he knows the lyrics to every Motley Crue song but he just makes up words that sound like what he thinks he's hearing.

"See the rolf sitting lonely in the night, see the blaahed stains on the sta-a-age. The man on his back, his rage. Shout to the mevil!"

As always, that race sounds like a lot of fun.

Really I am that slow
    Looks fun wish i wasn't working
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Oh yeah. It was fun.... in a crazy, snowy, muddy, kinda way.

Glad a couple of you got to come out anyway. I met Scott (on our way down the hill in a warm Excursion). Did I meet you, Summit?

Hope you had fun. We'll try and order up better weather next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Fears, Tears, and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro.-chainsuck.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Oh yeah. It was fun.... in a crazy, snowy, muddy, kinda way.

Glad a couple of you got to come out anyway. I met Scott (on our way down the hill in a warm Excursion). Did I meet you, Summit?

Hope you had fun. We'll try and order up better weather next year.
    Don't think we met officially but yeah we talked on course. I was the really muddy guy on the sport loop timed section finish, green rims if you could see them through the muck... you gave me directions to get back up to the top of the climb. So thanks! Had a blast.

Although my bike still hasn't been the same! Had to replace all housing and cables and my chain. Next up, gotta replace cable and housing on my Gravity Dropper and get a new bottom bracket Turned out to be a rather spendy event in bike repairs...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Don't think we met officially but yeah we talked on course. I was the really muddy guy on the sport loop timed section finish, green rims if you could see them through the muck... you gave me directions to get back up to the top of the climb. So thanks! Had a blast.

Although my bike still hasn't been the same! Had to replace all housing and cables and my chain. Next up, gotta replace cable and housing on my Gravity Dropper and get a new bottom bracket Turned out to be a rather spendy event in bike repairs...
    Oh yeah, I remember you. Intense SS, right?

Here's another pic from the race. Courtesy Team Mountain's Edge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Fears, Tears, and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro.-2010-ftb-1-mountains-edge.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Oh yeah, I remember you. Intense SS, right?
    That's the one! I'll try to post some pics on the FTB facebook page tonight.

Members who have read this thread: 0