1st Time in Park City: Have Route, Need Opinion.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

1st Time in Park City: Have Route, Need Opinion.

Plan on being in PC all next week for my daughter's softball tourny so Im packing in the bike. Did some research and found this great site with an interactive map of the area
    http://www.mountaintrails.org/maps/

The first chance I get to peel away I think I'd like to do this:

Have someone drop me off back behind Park City Mt Resort on Guardsman Pass just south of Jupiter Hill.
    Climb Jupiter to the ridge for a quick pic and then back down Guardsman over to the top of Daly Grind.
    Down Daly Grind and connect with Mid-Mountain
    Head North on Mid-Mountain (towards Webster Gulch)
    Stay on Mid-Mt all the way to Crescent Mine Grade and back down to town
    From there I was planning on taking the mid town lift (Im assuming they service riders) back up to play around some more.
    If I can't get a lift up the mountain then I'll just hoof it up Spiro to Powerline Trail. And if I still have steam all the way around Shadow Lake Loop and back to the base.

Im looking for feedback from those of you familiar with this area. Good/bad route, other suggestions? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Leaving in 18 hrs. Would love some suggestions/insight?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    If it were me I'd skip the car shuttle and the ride to Jupiter. The road up the peak is steep, rocky, and loose. I've done it a few times and while the view is nice, pushing your bike up a crappy dirt road when there is so much primo single track to ride doesn't make much sense. Your first stop when you get to town should be one of the local bike shops. For a couple of bucks you can pick up the latest Mountain Trails map and some local advice on what to ride. Some of the classics are Spiro to Shadow Lake or Sweeny's/Johns to Mid Mountain to Spiro. Or hop on Mid Mountain from Spiro and head over to the Canyons. There are hundreds of miles of trails in and around Park City, the options are almost endless.

Good luck and have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripn
    If it were me I'd skip the car shuttle and the ride to Jupiter. The road up the peak is steep, rocky, and loose. I've done it a few times and while the view is nice, pushing your bike up a crappy dirt road when there is so much primo single track to ride doesn't make much sense. Your first stop when you get to town should be one of the local bike shops. For a couple of bucks you can pick up the latest Mountain Trails map and some local advice on what to ride. Some of the classics are Spiro to Shadow Lake or Sweeny's/Johns to Mid Mountain to Spiro. Or hop on Mid Mountain from Spiro and head over to the Canyons. There are hundreds of miles of trails in and around Park City, the options are almost endless.

Good luck and have fun!
    Ripn,
    Great suggestion, I didn't even notice that Mid-Mt went all the way up and over to the canyon. Looks like about 17 miles from the top of mid-town lift all the way to the canyon's lodge. Sweeeeet! Leaving in the a.m.
    I'll post up after the ride with a full report

The Tyranical Teabagger
    NuckingFuts...love the screen name my man! I work at White Pine Touring in town but if you stop by ANY of the shops in town we can get you a Mountain Trails map and give you plenty of trail beta. My top three are these:

Ridge Trail
    Mid Mountain ( all of it but Spiro to Robs/Colins is a great loop )
    Flying Dog

Anyways, enjoy the riding!
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

mtbr member
    Hoooolleeee CRAP!!
    Just got back from PC and mad did I have a blast!!
    I ended up doing the entire Mid-Mountain trail from Deer Valley over to The Canyons and back down to Newpark/Redrock resort area where we were staying. Absolute bliss!! This single track rivals some of the very best single track Ive encountered on my KTM. Thanks to everyone for all there suggestions, they were well worth it.

Members who have read this thread: 0