$17 Deer Valley Tickets - and another new trail!- Mtbr.com
    Frame Building Moderator

$17 Deer Valley Tickets - and another new trail!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    sweet! .... IMO 5-8pm would be better hours for the after work crowd, but this is great and a step in the right direction, glad DV is listening. 17$ seems pretty reasonable for a 3 hour session.

I know from talking with a few of the DV staff that they ARE listening and have mentioned that they have received many emails/requests for later hours. Awesome that they are in touch.

Hopefully a lot of people show up in support since this is in the testing phase.

Now please, please, build a BIG jump line next. chop chop

we need rain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dmar123 View Post
    sweet! .... IMO 5-8pm would be better hours for the after work crowd, but this is great and a step in the right direction, glad DV is listening. 17$ seems pretty reasonable for a 3 hour session.

I know from talking with a few of the DV staff that they ARE listening and have mentioned that they have received many emails/requests for later hours. Awesome that they are in touch.

Hopefully a lot of people show up in support since this is in the testing phase.

Now please, please, build a BIG jump line next. chop chop

we need rain.
    A Gravity Logic black jump run is being built next season

Glad DV is building up there bike park, even if it takes a couple years.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinitacnh View Post
    A Gravity Logic black jump run is being built next season

Glad DV is building up there bike park, even if it takes a couple years.
    heck yes!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Any rumors on if they are looking to extend the operational season also? Based on previous years there are three or four weeks which are optimal for riding and the resort is already shut down.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    they are racing Winter, and never know when it's going to show up. X-mas, T-giving, Halloween, or even September!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsoul View Post
    Any rumors on if they are looking to extend the operational season also? Based on previous years there are three or four weeks which are optimal for riding and the resort is already shut down.
    I've heard from some people that work there that they will be extending their season into later September and will be open a few weekends after Labor Day. Can't confirm this though.

In any case, love that DV is finally putting a lot of effort into bike season. New trails and more time to ride...no complaints here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    How busy are the Tuesday after works? Hoping to take the family up, and we have ridden Tidal Wave a couple of times, but only before lifts start spinning, so not much of a worry of something flying down behind us.

mtbr member
    Has anybody heard when Holy Roller will open? Will it be 7 year old kid friendly?
    SB165
    SB150
    SB130
    SB100
    FollowingV2
    SB5
    SB55
    SB45
    Farley 9.8

Frame Building Moderator
    It is relatively busy but you won't wait longer than 5 minutes in the lift line, as long as you're willing to jump in as a single.

I was told Holy Roller will not open this year, they cannot build it without moisture as the dirt is just falling apart up there.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The couple Tuesday nights that I've been up there it hasn't been to busy for the first 90 minutes or so, but from 6:00 until 7:00 the lift line was 10 to 15 minutes long.

The top couple sections of Holy Roller are open, I haven't been up there yet this week, but they've been opening each section as it gets completed. The trail is dry for sure as is the entire park, but my 5, almost 6 year old daughter loved it 2 weeks ago. I'll be up there Wednesday or Thursday this week (without the munchkin) and let you know the conditions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by michealj View Post
    The couple Tuesday nights that I've been up there it hasn't been to busy for the first 90 minutes or so, but from 6:00 until 7:00 the lift line was 10 to 15 minutes long.

The top couple sections of Holy Roller are open, I haven't been up there yet this week, but they've been opening each section as it gets completed. The trail is dry for sure as is the entire park, but my 5, almost 6 year old daughter loved it 2 weeks ago. I'll be up there Wednesday or Thursday this week (without the munchkin) and let you know the conditions.
    Thanks for the info!
    SB165
    SB150
    SB130
    SB100
    FollowingV2
    SB5
    SB55
    SB45
    Farley 9.8

Frame Building Moderator
    Looking down from the lift, Holy Roller is graded to about halfway down the mountain (but not ready to ride by any means). There is no way they are opening it top-bottom this year.

Conditions are pretty bad out there. Moondust, basically. Still loads of fun, though, it was all smiles on the lift today.

-Walt