So I just bought my first DJ bike!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

So I just bought my first DJ bike!

Found this cannondale chase on craigslist for $250 and I think I made off pretty well. It's set up SS at the moment with an old derailleur rigged up as a chain tensioner but the guy I bought it from threw in an extra rear wheel with a cassette and and a full LX drivetrain. I don't think it's been thrashed either. The fork is flush the frame only had a couple scratches and the wheels were in perfect true.
    This thing is burly, looks like more of a hardtail free ride bike than a dj'er at the moment!

Fork: Sherman
    Wheels: Mavic 321/Marzocchi Front, Singletrack/Paul Rear (also came with an extra 321 for geared use)
    Tires: Minion/Kujo
    Brakes: Hayes Stroker rear/BB7 front (set up both brakes since I took the photo)
    Crank:Holzfeller
    Pedals: ?
    Bar: Old easton scandium DH bar, (waaay too narrow!)
    Grips: Odi ruffian
    MRP bash and chainguide

I want to swap out the stem for something shorter, get a wider bar, a saddle, a post, and some lighter tires probably. Anyone have any suggestions? Don't know DJ components too well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So I just bought my first DJ bike!-photo-10.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    Found this cannondale chase on craigslist for $250 and I think I made off pretty well. It's set up SS at the moment with an old derailleur rigged up as a chain tensioner but the guy I bought it from threw in an extra rear wheel with a cassette and and a full LX drivetrain. I don't think it's been thrashed either. The fork is flush the frame only had a couple scratches and the wheels were in perfect true.
    This thing is burly, looks like more of a hardtail free ride bike than a dj'er at the moment!

Fork: Sherman
    Wheels: Mavic 321/Marzocchi Front, Singletrack/Paul Rear (also came with an extra 321 for geared use)
    Tires: Minion/Kujo
    Brakes: Hayes Stroker rear/BB7 front (set up both brakes since I took the photo)
    Crank:Holzfeller
    Pedals: ?
    Bar: Old easton scandium DH bar, (waaay too narrow!)
    Grips: Odi ruffian
    MRP bash and chainguide

I want to swap out the stem for something shorter, get a wider bar, a saddle, a post, and some lighter tires probably. Anyone have any suggestions? Don't know DJ components too well.
    50mm reach stem is about the only thing i would get right off.... looks good, you're gonna have fun on it !