mtbr member

New question here. Octane One Pro 2-PCS Problems

Hey guys, so on my dirt jumper I have the Octane One Pro 2PCS crank set and yesterday it fell off. I tried pressing it back together but it came off within 15 minutes of riding. It seems that with even just a little bit of play the non-drive crank arm eventually gets pushed off. There is threading inside the crank so I thought maybe I lost a bolt and washer that held it together, but from the research I've done it appears that it's just held together by it being pressed really tightly. The arm fits onto the ridges on the crank axle. I'm curious if anyone has experience with this crank in particular or has recommendations on what to use to clamp it all the way down. Thanks

Pro Crastinator
    there should be a bolt that threads into the axle that holds the arm on....

mtbr member
    Octane One

2PCS PRO PREMIUM CROMOLY CRANK SET

The lightest, strongest & coolest Octane One tubular cromoly crankset. It comes in a popular & trendy two piece format. The 170mm crank arms are made of high quality seamless 4130 cromoly tubing with full heat-treatment. The 19mm diameter hollow axle with 48 micro-splines eliminates the need of pinch-bolts making this crank arm lighter and gives it a super clean look. For 2015 we added the sprocket mount also on left side crankarm making it fully compatible with left hand drive setups used mostly in bmx bikes, but also on some mtb street bikes. The chain line is perfect for MTB! 48 splines provide a large area of contact & eliminate the stress points.

This makes the connection more reliable and durable. Will accept any BMX sprocket with standard 15/16 or 19mm central hole and standard mounting hole (23t and bigger sprocket sizes). Great looking square crank arm shape. Offered without bottom bracket / bb available separately. Available in few color options, now also in limited edition oil slick version.

-2.5pcs crank set, 1 side bolt only
    -arms: 170mm length, heat-treated seamless cro-mo 4130
    -axle: hollow, 19mm diameter x 48 multi splines
    -sprocket mounts on both crank-arms.
    -weight: ~780g