mum and dad awesomeness- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

mum and dad awesomeness

well today my parents totally changed my mind on them for the time being.

i've been really bummed about not being able to ride and havin shat-bad broke parts and my video camera has been broken for a while so as a get well /early bday gift, they got me a nemesis tune 4x at 65 and a new stem and my mom went out of her way and brought my cam to the shop and got it fixed and gave it back to me today. it showed me my parents are still super cool and love me no matter what i think. give your parents a hug and tell them you love them and give your dad 2, happy fathers day!

ps, i know yall are like this kid is spoiled and pampered, the fork has been lightly used and this is it for my bday, and my parents almost never get me parts and i buy 90% of my stuff with my own $ from cleaning and selling lemonade to support my biking addiction and bought my last 4 bikes with $ out of my pocket and some bday $ and a little support from the rents, i enjoy it more because it wasnt just handed to me, get your asses out there and mow a yard and wash some cars and sell lemonade so you can get bike parts. peace yall
    Last edited by J-dogg; 06-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You wanna fight a hobo for his couch? Go right ahead. It's the last thing you'll do.
    atomlab flow 2007

I post too much.
    Dude, I lost my dad 2 years ago, you may think your parents suck sometimes, but they love you and you should love them. Definitely go for the hug as often as possible!

Nice b-day gift don't you think?

Meh.
    Yeah. I lost my dad back when I was in fifth grade. I never realized how awesome he was until he's gone. My ma and I don't always see eye to eye, but we manage to work things out. I'm glad to see a post praising and appreciating parents.

You should do something extra special for your parents too. Breakfast in bed? Wash the cars? Mow the lawn? You know... that sort of thing.

Apr 2007
    daammn a nem. tuned fork?
    hahh lucky
    well right now (or for the past year at that) me and my dad have been having alot of problems....i guess i dont realize that i am lucky to have him right now cuz im so coated in anger wit him, but from reading wat the last two responses were, i actually feel a lil more fortunate to have him...
    thanks for kickin me back into reality guys lol
    and um wats the pic supposed to be of? its not workin for me

edit: pic works now! hah looks good too
    Last edited by asianprideryder; 06-17-2007 at 08:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    yeah im really happy i still have both my parents, and i appreciate it every waking moment. i've never lost a parent, but lost friends to drunk drivers and drugs etc. people take parents way for granted, but they arent replaceable. i dont see eye to eye on everything with the parents, we arent wealthy, so every little thing i take to heart. im seriously sorry about your losses guys, i had one friend hang herself and another die of an overdose but it still doesnt compare to family losses. im sorry to hear it guys, i really am, losing anyone sucks really bad and takes a while to get over. my heart goes you, bros
    You wanna fight a hobo for his couch? Go right ahead. It's the last thing you'll do.
    atomlab flow 2007

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    broken link's fixed too
    atomlab flow 2007

Jun 2006
    that's awesome!

my parents, they do cool stuff for me, which is awesome! I'm going to see the Allman Brothers early august, my dad's getting me a new laptop for the special arts school I'm getting into (or something nice), probably an electric keyboard (88 keys, fully weighted, midi output! hell yeah! nice low price tag for that sort of thing, too) to go w/ the computer so i can start recording some of the music i write.

also, my dad may buy me this super good used BMX bike . . .

but at the same time, my old man has his downsides . . .

such as he won't allow me to get a decent job to afford my own stuff, so I have to deal with what he'll buy me. I am pimping my bruiser a little bit with money I earn mowing the lawn though (it's a bigass lawn!). any job I get his from his hire. This works okay I guess, but I really hate it.

also, he has really dumb rules such as I'm not allowed to hang out at the pool all day, or I can't go downtown on my bike, and being obediant enough I don't do these things.

so, it's some huge tradeoffs, but things work, and i don't hate my parents. We don't get along many times, but relations are good.

my mom's kinda so that's interesting. she'll do nice stuff for me and take me places, but I gotta deal with one hell of a car ride.

also, my old man brings me home shirts of favorite bands and such on the way home from the office from this little record store on the way. I feel kind of spoiled now that he's brought home I dunno, four or five, but then he'll do his things that remind me the bad parts of this deal . . .

those are nice gifts and all, but I couldn't go without atleast one album for my birthday, but I'm just like that . . .

make that SUPER nice gifts.

oh, j-dogg, I saw your bike in the shop the other day going to get something done to mine. What happened to the chainring?

Jun 2006
    jesus christ, who do you hang out with? the OD thing I could of seen I guess, but the hanging?!?!

damn, that's insane . . .

Trail or Park
    Apr 2007
    Love my parents!Love your parents!Hugging is nice!

40 oz to freedom
    Wow thats really nice of your rents dude. I am really fortunate to have both of my parents and couldnt imagine life with out them. Unfortunately my mom wasnt so lucky, she lost her dad at 7. Ive lost 2 friends, not even real close friends and that was pretty hard. I cant even imagine loosing a parent.

USB Rep'n
    I would seriosuly consider this to be the best thread I have probably read in years of being on mtbr. Right on to you guys for not bein g afraid to step up and admit that your parents are okay. Shows a ton of maturity on all of your parts and your folks should be proud of you!

I'll add that it's a two way street (incase any other parents are reading this). I dropped both my kids off at camp yesterday and I already miss them a ton (and it's only for one week). Parents have to understand that their kids won't always agree with them but you have to make sure that they always know how much they are loved no matter what and never take them for granted.

As for me, I'm gonna spend some time this week doing a favor for my son by digging on the dj's he has been working on. He'll have a nice surprise when he gets home from camp this coming weekend and Im sure that on Sunday, we'll spend some quality time airing em out!

Peace y'all and again...good on ya!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Apr 2007
    ^^ now thats a cool dad..diggin dirt jumps? hah i dont even dig jumps for myself hah
    and agreed, this is a good thread..
    the deepest thread ive read on here lol

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    I would seriosuly consider this to be the best thread I have probably read in years of being on mtbr. Right on to you guys for not bein g afraid to step up and admit that your parents are okay. Shows a ton of maturity on all of your parts and your folks should be proud of you!

I'll add that it's a two way street (incase any other parents are reading this). I dropped both my kids off at camp yesterday and I already miss them a ton (and it's only for one week). Parents have to understand that their kids won't always agree with them but you have to make sure that they always know how much they are loved no matter what and never take them for granted.

As for me, I'm gonna spend some time this week doing a favor for my son by digging on the dj's he has been working on. He'll have a nice surprise when he gets home from camp this coming weekend and Im sure that on Sunday, we'll spend some quality time airing em out!

Peace y'all and again...good on ya!
    I hope he knows he has an awesome dad, way to go man!

If I ever have children, I want to have a least a little boy I could bike with :P

Jun 2006
    i dunno about kids, if I get married I guess I'll have atleast one, because i feel that however much pleasure recreational sex may be, it's kind of not meant to be that way, just pleasure. It's meant to make babies in a pleasurable manner. But I really don't like kids until they're about 12 . . . myself included now that I look back . . .

kona-tize me captain
    Yeah. I lost my dad back when I was in fifth grade. I never realized how awesome he was until he's gone. My ma and I don't always see eye to eye, but we manage to work things out. I'm glad to see a post praising and appreciating parents.

You should do something extra special for your parents too. Breakfast in bed? Wash the cars? Mow the lawn? You know... that sort of thing.
    word i lost my mom last year, people say they hate there rents and wish they werent around but they have no idea. thats wicked awesome they got u that, i dream of the day my dad suprises me with a new bike part
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte

thanks a ton man, i wash shootin to have no flaming, i wanted a deep, thinking thread for reflections and thankfullness to what and who you have and how lucky we all are to have food, a roof, a bed, family and a bike because theres so many people who dont have those luxuries. enjoy what you have, and be thankful for what you do have, and everything you think you should take for granted, imagine life without that luxury....

im surprised my parents havent gone insane, i come home bleeding, bruised and broken wayyyyyy to mch and they take it in stride. when and if i have kids, i want to take an alternate path to parenting, and get them ridin asap! my parents gave me independence when i was about 9-10, and i havent let them down. i stay out of illegal activities besides urban and go to school. i want them to do the same when im a parent.

man, i wish my dad djed, he kiteboards and does combat grappling and martial arts though, that makes up for it.

final words in this post from me:

be thankful, no matter how bad you think yur life is, someone loves and cares for you, and you have a roof, food and a family. if you have that, you should be the most thankful kid in the world
    atomlab flow 2007

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dogg
    be thankful, no matter how bad you think yur life is, someone loves and cares for you, and you have a roof, food and a family. if you have that, you should be the most thankful kid in the world
    Amen Bro, you definitely know what you're talking about, mad props.

We should ride together one day man, you'd probably kick my ass, but we'd have a load of fun

Apr 2007
    if you dont mind, id like to add that as my sig....cuz that right there is somthing i personally need to remember more often

edit: IF I CAN MAKE IT MORE THAN 125 CHARACTERS! UGH
    edit again: ya...not gunna happen, but i still love wat u said right there, thats somthin straight from the heart
    Last edited by asianprideryder; 06-18-2007 at 07:19 PM.

40 oz to freedom
    Dude... your what 14 now and you are mature enough to realize that, mad props for that. What you just said there shows so much maturity. The fact that you can appreciate those things and not take them for granted is amazing. You turned my night around, really made me sit back and think how selfish and ungrateful I was tonight. Thanks for that man.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny A
    Dude... your what 14 now and you are mature enough to realize that, mad props for that. What you just said there shows so much maturity. The fact that you can appreciate those things and not take them for granted is amazing. You turned my night around, really made me sit back and think how selfish and ungrateful I was tonight. Thanks for that man.
    that was exactly my point in my response Vin. well put.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    thanks vin and namas, i appreciate it. i just look at the glass and overflowing, with a nice 3 inch head on the top flowing over. i dunno, this whole 10+ week break im in the middle of changed my outlook a bit and just made me reconsider how i live and what im doing with my life, how i treat the people around me and who i surround myself with. i had a revelation of sorts. good arm news is that the bone fused way fast and my recup is down to 4 weeks before i can use my arm and do pt. heres a shot from this morning at the orthopedist:

dont panic, it looks gross cos i just had 15 stitches yoinked there so its kinda bloody.

plus, thats another reason i love my parents, medical coverage. surgery was 212.16 and it woulda been way worse had i not coverage. i cant imagine not being covered, i'd be sh*t broke. and unhealthy to boot, thats another luxury in life
    atomlab flow 2007

pwn3rator
    i showed my mommy the new rockgardn fullface this morning, i didn't even say i wanted to buy it or anything, and she said i could order it tonight...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

I wish I had...
    I totally agree. I couldn't live without my parents. They have helped me so much and done so much for me. This thread needs a sticky.
    I wish I had...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    man amen to that, i cant agree more. and vin, i'm a 13 year old shredder not 14. yet.
    atomlab flow 2007

I wish I had...
    I am almost 13.
    I wish I had...

40 oz to freedom
    man amen to that, i cant agree more. and vin, i'm a 13 year old shredder not 14. yet.
    Damn dude, I thought you were only a year younger than me... guess not

I post too much.
    I hate you for starting so young. I wish...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    dude ian, its all about gettin it done young dude, you gotsta do it!
    atomlab flow 2007

Jun 2006
    I can't take it any longer, stop saying you're a year younger than you actually are!

unless you skipped a grade . . .

like it makes any difference, almost 14 vs 14 1/2.

Apr 2006
    Yea all you guys are right...I always take the liberty to thanks my parents but most spoiled kids just get money and leave with out saying thanks...

Members who have read this thread: 0