DJ frames w/ Span. or Mid BB- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

DJ frames w/ Span. or Mid BB

Hey guys, BMX convert here. Just building up my first DJ bike and I'm wanting a frame with either a mid or spanish BB. I've done a bit of searching and so far I've found that eastern, transition, and kona all make frames with one. Sadly I'm not crazy about any of the other ones haha. Anyone have any other suggestions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    Hey guys, BMX convert here. Just building up my first DJ bike and I'm wanting a frame with either a mid or spanish BB. I've done a bit of searching and so far I've found that eastern, transition, and kona all make frames with one. Sadly I'm not crazy about any of the other ones haha. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    TransitIon Trail or Park (TOP)
    Deity Cryptkeeper and Streetsweeper
    Transition Bank
    Transition ToP
    Transition Covert

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    o, forgot to mention black market. so far my favorite is probably the black market malice. i want something that has the option of bolt on or removable hanger cause i might end up using it for a tad bit of AM type riding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    as an ex-bmx'er i realize that bmx used euro bb's only briefly, then went with mid or spanish as the standard..... but there really isn't anything wrong with euro. a lot of good DJ frames are going to have euro. such as the Blackmarket MOB, and the NS Suburban. empirebmx.com sells a pretty simple Odyssey euro bb. but whatever you wanna do ! the NS Capital is very bmx-y with a high bb, spanish bb and 110mm bmx rear hub spacing.... http://nsbikes.com/2011/frames-and-forks/capital.html

as for "building up". . . . i don't know what your budget is, but the mid and high-end completes out there are actually spec'd really well. building a bike up can cost more than double.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    cool, thanks for your help! i've just always asociated euros with racing and so i guess don't really think of them as being very strong, plus i've heard the threads in your frame can strip and you have to get a whole new frame! but ya, it looks like most dj frames use a euro so maybe i'll just have to trust them haha. as far as price goes im not super worried about it, i'm pretty used to dropping a lot of money on bikes :P but i obviously wouldn't mind saving the money if i find complete i like

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I dont think either of these have options for a hanger but the Super Co Charger is sick along with the new Diety frames, positive about the diety frames having a spanish/mid though, they look pretty efin slick though. Ive seen and ridden Super Co's and I definitely dig em, built extremely well, very detailed and clean.
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm startin to give up on the derailer, who needs gears right?? Kinda starting to care less about the bb type as well lol, but i'd still prefer a mid or spanish. I like the diety cryptkeeper or whatever it's called, the trails specific frame. As far as superco goes, $750 is a **** load to spend on a hard tail frame in my opinion! I think I'll probably end up going with the NS majesty or the cryptkeeper

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    It is a good chunk of change for the Super co but they are hand built in the USA. Might help give you an idea why. whatever you get post up your rig once yah get one.
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    probably wont be till spring, but i will for sure!