Blkmrkt wheel/toe overlap? Knob downtube clearance? HT length? Tire clearance?- Mtbr.com
    Meh.

Blkmrkt wheel/toe overlap? Knob downtube clearance? HT length? Tire clearance?

Bought a blkmrkt frame a week or so ago I think it's a 22" but... it might be a 21.5". I haven't actually seen it yet. I had it shipped back to my home while I'm finishing up finals at school (don't need any more distractions). Do any of you guys with blkmrkt frames have toe overlap issues when running 175mm cranks? With the bars turned 180 degrees and the cranks parallel with the ground, I currently have about 3/4" of clearance.

Also... any issues with knobs hitting the downtube with a Rockshox Pike or Reba?

Also... any issues with running a 2.4 Holy Roller with the dropouts slammed and no rubbing? I'm thinking about grinding the dropouts a bit to shorten it even more.

My Addict is nearly the same geometry. The addict has a slightly taller BB height, and a 21.7" TT, but the SA and the HA are pretty similar.

Also... what's the headtube length of the frame? It looks to be shorter since it uses an integrated headset.
    Last edited by XSL_WiLL; 05-08-2010 at 10:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i can somewhat answer one of your questions about the 2.4 Holy Rollers

MINE DIDN'T FIT! =( I believe the maximum tire size people run is 2.35 (small block 8's come in that size)

HOWEVER, my stupid wheelset (azonic outlaws) has an ever so slight wobble at the axle and hub making the tire rub even more... so i dont know if that might contribute to 2.4's not clearing

edit: just checked my toe overlap....
    09 MOB
    22" top tube length, 175mm profile cranks, 80mm travel fork, bars turned 180 = tire hit my big toe slightly
    Last edited by stoich eg2; 05-09-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Meh.
    Thanks. I saw some people running 2.4 Holy Rollers... but I remember building a vertical dropout Mob a while back and 2.4 rubbed. Figured I'd ask.

Is that with the cranks parallel with the ground? How much clearance would you say there is between the pedal and the wheel with the bars turned 180 degrees?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I forgot about having the cranks parallel with the ground

with cranks parallel to the ground and bars turned 180, there's only 1/2" clearance between the pedal and tire

your mom
    I'm running 2.4 Holy Rollers on my Riot. They're not completely slammed but pretty close.

Here's my pedal clearance with 175mm cranks and an Argyle.

Bikes Rule
    Currently running a 21.5 tt and 175mm cranks. Toe hits the tire. BUT if I remember I reposition my foot so it doesn't. My natural foot position hits it though. Running an Argyle 318 and no issues. I did fit my Recon up to it (with remote lock-out knob) and it clears that as well. You should be good to go with the fork.

Meh.
    Cool. Now I just hope that my 28t mounted on the granny ring mounts will clear the chainstay.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    never noticed toe overlap, but I'm running the 22.5", 175mm cranks, argyle.

argyle fits fine, no problems with interference. no reason a pike wouldn't.

my holy rollers are pretty tight, but they don't rub unless I'm REALLY crankin on it. I'm also running transition 32mm rims, which are pretty wide. if your rims are narrower, it would probably help.

might be a little tight to get a 28T in on the granny mounts. I know my 32 barely clears in the middle ring mounts (saint cranks).

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I know Carter Holland who designs these bikes is really small. I think he wears a size 7 or 8 if i remember hearing correctly. Didn't really take into consideration the other/larger sized people when building these bikes. My buddy has Holy Rollers on his MOB and they don't rub. He runs a Microknobby in the back with no issue. I run with dual Knobbies and I have no issue of rubbing.

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have a 21.5 riot. Shoe size is 8. my forward foot hits my tire when I do x-ups. I couldn't do bar spins with this frame....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pnj
    I have a 21.5 riot. Shoe size is 8. my forward foot hits my tire when I do x-ups. I couldn't do bar spins with this frame....

I stand corrected... you would think he would make it at least make the bike fit him lol.
    I don't do x-ups or bar spins when i jump so i guess i don't worry bout my feet hitting the tire

Property Inspections
    yeah i passed over this frame considering i'm 6'5" and wear a size 13...LOL

Meh.
    Carter wears something like a size 6. Yeah, he's not a big dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Carter wears something like a size 6. Yeah, he's not a big dude.
    ROFL, i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but

Members who have read this thread: 0