Zerk ??- Mtbr.com

Thread: Zerk ??

Big Wheel Homer !!

Zerk ??

I just got my 07 Sultan back from getting a fresh powdercoat and the 2 zerks on the front tri got painted. Even though I instructed them to mask the zerks they got painted, hind sight, I should have popped them out before sending off the frame. Too late for that, anyone have brilliant idea to get them out without screwing up the paint? I thought about taking a razor blade and cutting around the zerk then pushing them out from behind, but not sure how much force it will take to push out.

Ideas?

err, 27.5+
    Razor blade may be the best tool here. Just take your time and develop a good perimeter. You should also be able to chip the PC off the stainless zirc fitting. If not you can soften it with aircraft paint stipper, just mask around the zirc so you don't mess up the surrounding pc.

I am surprised they would have put a zirc fitting through the oven. Must not have know what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Got them out Other than getting some paint where I didn't want and will take a little clean up on my part they did a pretty good job, cheap. After removing the old powder they actually put a coat of powdercoat primer then topcoat. This stuff should last.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Decals from SSinga, via JNC. Not sure about the silver headset, had the CK setting on my desk so I thought I would throw it on. New zerks should deliver on Wednesday. Best of all it's for sale

Members who have read this thread: 0